Syncing to Lollipop SD

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

Syncing to Lollipop SD

Post by bkenobi69 »

I'm running MMA pro on my rooted GS5 4.4.4 (KitKat) and things are working great including syncing to the SD. I tried to get MMA (free) my wife's non-rooted GS5 5.0 (Lollipop) setup, but she can't get past the "grant access" screen when trying to setup file locations. I tried following the directions and after the first time, the "Android\Data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\Music" showed as granted. After that, it went back to asking for "grant access".

I am able to manually copy files to the SD via USB in Windows Explorer and they play in MMA though there is obviously no metadata. I've read posts about how to get it working and it failed to work. Are there any other guides that would help or am I wasting my time? I am planning on getting her running MMA pro once I figure out the Family account thing on Play, but I wanted this to work before I set up a new account.

Lollipop sync guide:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e/View/237
bkenobi69

Re: Syncing to Lollipop SD

Post by bkenobi69 »

Maybe just the power of posting. After struggling with this for a few months off (mostly) and on, one last try resulted in the syncing of a Playlist and trial song. I'll post again once I confirm that this remains working.
Peke

Re: Syncing to Lollipop SD

Post by Peke »

Keep us posted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts