Remember Add Artwork Directory

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

bobwhitley3

Remember Add Artwork Directory

Post by bobwhitley3 »

Currently, when the "Add" button is clicked on the Artwork tab of the properties dialog and the "Select Image Files" dialog appears, the file browser always points to the directory in which the file being edited resides.

If the user browses away from this directory, I would like MM to remember where the image file was chose the next time this file browser opens.

I have one directory on a different drive where I keep all my images files. Every time I want to add an image to a file I have to browse to this directory. It would be much faster for me if MM opened in that image directory after I had browsed to it once already.
dtsig

Re: Remember Add Artwork Directory

Post by dtsig »

This would NEED to be an optional function as many keep the images in the directory with the media
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig wrote:This would NEED to be an optional function as many keep the images in the directory with the media
Yes, the common convention is Artwork with the media files in the same folder. So this does need to be optional.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I think having that as an option would cause clutter and confusion, and since the convention is to store artwork with the media the default behaviour should stay as it is.

Maybe instead you could add your artwork directory to your Quick Access list so you can get straight to it with one click.
Windows 10: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/add-q ... s-explorer
Windows 7 & 8: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/28701/ad ... windows-8/
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I keep my artwork in an "Artwork" sub-folder to keep my tracks tidy.
I also have an "Info" sub-folder where I keep my ripping logs, tagging information etc.

It's a lot tidier this way instead of mixing it all with your tracks. :)