Album Artist?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Album Artist?

Post by yarguy »

As it stands (2061) the choices for organizing the display do not include Album Artist. Artist is available, but that is not my primary organizer. I see that there are 10 entries for Isabelle Faust under Artist, in combination with different pianists and orchestras. If I couldn't remember which orchestra she did the Schumann violin concerto with (and at my age, I do forget things like that) I would have to open several of those 10 to find it. But if Album Artist were available I would use that for display and all those Isabelle Faust albums would be under one name (Faust, Isabelle). Could we have Album Artist please? Surely that's more useful than Publisher.
jiri

Re: Album Artist?

Post by jiri »

There's the same configuration as in MM4, i.e. you can right-click Music node and configure which subnodes are shown (including Album Artist). I suppose that it's what you mean? We probably could modify the default though, you are right that Album Artist is more useful than e.g. Publisher.

Jiri