Syncing autoplaylist with size limit not working

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

willyvds

Syncing autoplaylist with size limit not working

Post by willyvds »

When I sync an autoplaylist to my old iPod, MM seems to ignore the size limitation I put in the playlist definition.
I've always used autoplaylists and I do not recall that this gave problems in the past.

I can already tell by the number of songs that MM wants to sync that something is wrong. But indeed MM also reports that the playlist does not fit on the device.
But: if the megabytes limitation was taken into account, it should fit easlly.

I'm using MM 4.1.15.1817 on Windows with an iPod.

Regards, Willy
Lowlander

Re: Syncing autoplaylist with size limit not working

Post by Lowlander »

So you're limiting by megabyte? Is any auto-conversion set to take place? Does the Playlist work correctly when viewed in MediaMonkey itself?
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

The issue is a bit different from what I thought initially.

I have a lot of playlists so I group them to keep overview. This means I have top-level playlists, and playlist under these playlists.

What happens is the following
- The top level playlist is an auto-playlist without limitation
- The sub-playlist below this one is the same autoplaylist but with additional criteria, and with limitation. Note that the sub-playlist is not automatically limited to the selection of the top-level one. I just put it there to keep overview.
- Now if I select the sub-playlist for syncing, MM also tries to sync the top level one. But this doesn't fit on my device.

Now I have made a new top level playlist: a fixed, empty playlist. I have put the old top-level playlist plus all the sub-playlists in this group.
This time, syncing the limited sub-playlist works fine.

I have made playlists this way for years. So I think MM changed something in the way grouped playlists are synced.
But now that I understand how it works, I personally have no issue with the current way.

So this explanation is just in case you like to know.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards, Willy
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Parent Playlist(s) of a selected Child Playlist are always synced.