[SOLVED] Column filter - Playlist(s) file is in

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Wisp100

[SOLVED] Column filter - Playlist(s) file is in

Post by Wisp100 »

Hi!

So I finally took the time to move my music from iTunes to MM and I am very satisfied! I am able to sync music to my Lumia 950, with a few hicups, but I'm getting through nicely.

I don't usually select an artist or an album to listen to, I always go to my playlists which I have made for all different kinds of things, and I always try to keep my music in a playlist so that it doesn't get "lost" or unplayed in the library.

I posted this in the wishlist topic because I believe it is not possible right now to do. I want a column or filter that lets me see if the music file is or isn't in a playlist and which playlist(s). This way I can further organize music in my current playlists or into new ones.

It would be similar to the Genre filter, which for me are playlists in a way. The Playlist column or filter would simply say the name of the playlist(s) the music file is in, and if it's not in a playlist, it would simply be a blank space.

Anyone else dig this idea? Or perhaps this can already be done?? :O

Thank you for the time!

Re: Column filter - Playlist(s) file is in

Post by Guest »

Give Magic Nodes a try, http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19168

It has 10 'masks' (107 through 116) which will give you most of the flexibility that you're looking for. They are:

Mask107 - Songs in Playlist (by Artist & Playlist)
Mask108 - Songs in Playlist (by Album & Playlist)
Mask109 - Songs in Playlist (by Title & Playlist)
Mask110 - Songs in Playlist (by Path & Playlist)
Mask111 - Songs in Playlist (by Playlist & Artist)
Mask112 - Songs in Playlist (by Playlist & Album)
Mask113 - Songs not in any Playlist (by Artist & Album)
Mask114 - Songs not in any Playlist (by Album & Title)
Mask115 - Songs in 2 or more Playlists
Mask116 - Songs in one Playlist only
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Properties dialog can show what Playlist a file is in or there is: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... main+panel
Wisp100

Post by Wisp100 »

That Magic Nodes add-on was great!! Those masks worked perfectly! Organized my playlists so much faster! :D Thanks a bunch!
Edv

Playlist

Post by Edv »

A way to display what playlist a track belongs to, without going to each tracks property.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
evanover

Post by evanover »

Thanks Magic Nodes gave me just what I needed.
SoDope

Aaddon or program improvement regarding playlist clearity.

Post by SoDope »

Hey,

I'll would which for some addon or program improvement regarding playlist.
You see I use MM much to sync playlist's to another software, several playlists which means also that a specific song also goes in to several playlists.
The problem, as I feel it, is that that I don't know which playlists it's already in it, and I don't want any duplicates. So the popup screen keeps popping up.

Is there any person who could develop an addon or program improvement that's let me see all the playlist my specific chosen song is in?
Like to highlight the playlist that the selected song already exist, when I choose 'Send to -> Playlist' or about to drag that song to a playlist.
I would prefer that last one 'that I can see, when I drag the song, in highlighted version, the playlist it's already in'. But I don't know how it works, so anything that is do'eble and solves my problem is appreciated.

Live Well and Thank you Developers and programers,
SoDope
SoDope

Re: Aaddon or program improvement regarding playlist clearit

Post by SoDope »

SoDope wrote:Hey,

I'll would which for some addon or program improvement regarding playlist.
You see I use MM much to sync playlist's to another software, several playlists which means also that a specific song also goes in to several playlists.
The problem, as I feel it, is that that I don't know which playlists it's already in it, and I don't want any duplicates. So the popup screen keeps popping up.

Is there any person who could develop an addon or program improvement that's let me see all the playlist my specific chosen song is in?
Like to highlight the playlist that the selected song already exist, when I choose 'Send to -> Playlist' or about to drag that song to a playlist.
I would prefer that last one 'that I can see, when I drag the song, in highlighted version, the playlist it's already in'. But I don't know how it works, so anything that is do'eble and solves my problem is appreciated.

Live Well and Thank you Developers and programers,
SoDope
Hey,
I may have been a little quick to post my problem, before I checked through enough for an answer.
As I see in this post, the problem have been marked as solved. And I do think that it is solved in the column filter way. I really like the "Playlist in Main Window" addon, which really generate a column that tells you in which playlists the song is in. Though, this can be a bit struggle, as when u have over 20 playlist and the song is in more than 10 of them, it is quite a lot to read (in a straight line) to see which playlists it is not in.
Although this addon is a great feature, I believe that there may be an easier, or more user friendly, way to know which playlists a song is in. That is way I will still ask upon the good and awesome developers and programmers to generate a new addon which highlights (as shaded, fat, cursive or whatever) the playlists (in the normal playlist nood) the song already is in, when the song is marked or clicked on. This give the user the opportunity to see clear if the song already is in the preferred playlist and give it a nice 'drag and drop' experience.

LiveWell