Android app

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RalBlo

Android app

Post by RalBlo »

Hello Forum,

first of all, I'm completely new to using MediaMonkey.
I have installed MediaMonkey 4.12 on a Windows PC and now I want to listen to music provided by the PC via an Android smartphone connected to a Bluetooth box.
I have installed the MediaMonkey app on my smartphone and the connection works. I can connect to the Windows PC via UpnP and play music. Unfortunately, I don't like the handling.
Now I have downloaded the App MMRemote and I can use it to control MediaMonkey on my PC. The operation is exactly as I want it to be (view/select albums, playlist, etc.). Unfortunately, I can only control the PC and therefore the music does not come from the mobile phone, but is played back via the PC.

Is there any way that I can get the menu from the MMRemote app to play on my mobile phone or do I make the MediaMonkey app a little bit wrong, that it is not as comfortable as the MMRemote app?

I don't want everything to be synced to my mobile phone, I just want to connect remotely and play it on my mobile phone.

Thank you very much
Lowlander

Re: Android app

Post by Lowlander »

Connect your PC via Bluetooth to the Speaker?
RalBlo

Post by RalBlo »

Sorry, I can't do that. My PC is about 30 meters away while I'm sitting in the garden.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is how I solved my friends issue in two different ways.

1. Used his two zone AMP to add additional speakers

2. For wireless option and above upgrade we bought https://store.google.com/us/product/chr ... o?hl=en-US directly connected to speaker where I selected it as Player in MMW so I can use MMRemote to control it. (Initially we used his old phone but it was unstable)

3. From what he told me he plan to add standalone AMP in garden to replace single speaker from setup 2.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RalBlo

Post by RalBlo »

Thank you very much, I'll think about the possibilities.