Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Search for a Playlist and Display the Song Titles

Post by ZvezdanD »

stephensimpson53 wrote:no error messages...however, no songs either.
The PlaylistSongs table, which you are using in your query, represent a list of files contained only in static playlists. If you want to find out which files satisfy criteria of some auto-playlist, you need to know its SQL query.

Maybe you could try next Filter: <AutoPlaylist> = 'F1: 4 Stars'.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
TribalMethods

Magic Nodes -- Have to Restart To Refresh Random Playlist

Post by TribalMethods »

Hello,

I am new to MediaMonkey / Magic Nodes.

I am using the "Generate 1 track for each artist" magic node to create random playlists. It works great! However, to refresh the playlist (right click -> Refresh is greyed out,) I have to close & re-open MediaMonkey. Is there a way to get around this and refresh the playlist?
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes -- Have to Restart To Refresh Random Playlis

Post by ZvezdanD »

TribalMethods wrote:I am using the "Generate 1 track for each artist" magic node to create random playlists. It works great! However, to refresh the playlist (right click -> Refresh is greyed out,) I have to close & re-open MediaMonkey. Is there a way to get around this and refresh the playlist?
Are you talking about "One random Track from each Artist" node from the Magic Nodes \ Random folder? Did you modify its original mask supplied with the add-on? More specifically, did you move that node to the Playlists folder?

If that node is still in the Random folder, then the Refresh option should not be grayed out and it seems like a bug of the program itself. You could try to press F5 or you could select some another node and re-select the mentioned node again.

All Magic nodes outside of the Playlists branch behaves like auto-playlists, i.e. they are automatically refreshed every time when you select them again.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
mhendu

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by mhendu »

I am using the Custom4 field in MediaMonkey to store a song's Work ID from Musicbrainz, and the Custom5 field to store the AcoustID. I'm trying to create a playlist of cover versions of songs that I've rated 5 stars, but where the 5 star song is not a classical work or a jazz recording (I use the Grouping field to indicate if a track is classical or jazz).

Parameters for the SQL query need to be something like this:

Same WorkID as a 5 star recording, where the Grouping of the 5 star recording is not 'Classical' or 'Jazz' (I am OK with classical or jazz covers of 5 star popular works)
Different AcoustID from any 5 star recording (eliminate duplicate recordings)
Rating < 5 stars (I don't want to include the 5 star songs themselves)

I created the following SQL query for a magic node:

Songs.Custom4 IN (SELECT Custom4 FROM Songs GROUP BY Custom4 HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Max(Rating) > 99 AND Custom4 <> '' AND GroupDesc <> 'Classical' AND GroupDesc <> 'Jazz')

What this appears to include is the following:

Same WorkID as a 5 star recording
Classical or jazz tracks only if the classical or jazz track is rated 5 stars and there is another track with the same WorkID that is not classical or jazz, or if the classical or jazz track has the same WorkID as a 5 star recording that is not classical or jazz
Includes duplicates of the 5 star recording, and includes the 5 star recordings themselves

Somehow then I need to filter out the 5 star classical or jazz tracks and the tracks that have the same WorkIDs as those tracks, and I need to exclude the duplicates and the 5 star recordings. I'm not really sure where to start here.

I am a SQL novice at best - would appreciate any help to modify my query to accomplish what I'm looking to do with the magic node. Thanks in advance!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

mhendu wrote:Rating < 5 stars (I don't want to include the 5 star songs themselves)
I am not sure that understand your requirement, it would be better if you gave some examples with tagged files that you have and which files you want to get. Anyway, if you want to get only files with Rating < 5 stars, then you should append AND Songs.Rating < 100 to your query.
Braciata

Post by Braciata »

I would like to use
Genre, Artist, Album (with number of items)|Icon:Top level\<Genre|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
also for thr Grouping field. This is what I did:
Grouping, Artist, Album (with number of items)|Icon:Top level\<Grouping|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
It works but it doesn't separate multi values like Genres do. I get for example English; Piano; Vocal while I would like to get 3 separates values.
Any chance to work on it?
dnats

Post by dnats »

How do I exclude a folder path in a query? Need to prevent the result to list songs from a mix folder.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Braciata wrote:It works but it doesn't separate multi values like Genres do. I get for example English; Piano; Vocal while I would like to get 3 separates values.
Any chance to work on it?
The Genre field is a multi-item one supported as that by the program, while Grouping is not. You could try nodes/masks from the Involved People folder; just replace the Involved People field (which is also non-multi-item field) with Grouping. Also, there are some nodes from the Split Examples folder that could be used with modification, e.g. "Multi-item Custom 1 field". The point is that you need to use the Split by qualifier with the specified "; " string. You could read about its use in the Usage section on the add-on's Web page.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dnats wrote:How do I exclude a folder path in a query? Need to prevent the result to list songs from a mix folder.
You could use Filter: <Folder> NOT LIKE 'c:\your_path\%'
Uinta

Magic Node Help - Sorting Into Alphabetical Groups

Post by Uinta »

I just set up my MM to be the media server for my networked AV receiver. The receiver does not have the easiest interface (slow scrolling), so I need to simplify my music organization so that it can be more easily accessed. I am hoping to be able to generate a Magic Node structure utilizing the "Artist" tag.

I'm hoping to end up with something like this:

Music
--Artist Index
----A-C
------A
--------Alison Krauss
----------(album)
----------(album)
--------Allman Brothers
----------(album)
------B
--------Beastie Boys
--------Bob Marley
------C
--------Charles Mingus
----D-F
------D
--------Dr John
------E
------F
----G-I

and on and on.

I'm wondering if it is possible to get so many sub-nodes included in a structure like this? If it is possible can someone please help me out with a mask that can get me heading in the right direction?

Thanks for the help!
-Uinta
popsmike

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Post by popsmike »

Not sure if this helps but I use the builtin 'Auto Organise' to sort my files into their locations.
My typical sorting string is as follows but but can extract what you want from there.

$if(<Album Artist>=Various,M:\# VARIOUS\$if(<Grouping>,<Grouping@3>,<Album@3>)\$if(<Grouping>,<Grouping>)\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>,Disk <Disc#:2>)\<Track#:2> - <Artist> - <Title>,M:\# ALBUMS\$if(<Grouping>,<Grouping@3>,<Album Artist@3>)\<Album Artist>\$if(<Grouping>,<Grouping>)\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>,Disk <Disc#:2>)\<Track#:2> - <Title>)

Basically its asking if <Album Artist is Various> then do something or If <Album Artist is a single artist> then do something else, then it goes onto check if any <grouping> information is added in both sections which uses the <@3> extention to parts which is the bit I think you may be interested in a little more, It sorts the albums by ABC, DEF... then the Artist and then the Album.

I hope this helps.
PS. I use Magic Nodes for other things and dont wish to take away from this.
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Node Help - Sorting Into Alphabetical Groups

Post by ZvezdanD »

Uinta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pmI'm wondering if it is possible to get so many sub-nodes included in a structure like this?
It is possible to get something like that, but not using a single mask. You need to create one mask for each range. Here is a mask for the A-C range:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Artist Index>\A-C|Filter:Upper(SubStr(<Artist>, 1, 1)) BETWEEN 'A' AND 'C'\<Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album>
Uinta

Post by Uinta »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:01 am
Uinta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pmI'm wondering if it is possible to get so many sub-nodes included in a structure like this?
It is possible to get something like that, but not using a single mask. You need to create one mask for each range. Here is a mask for the A-C range:

<Group|Name:Artist Index>\A-C|Filter:Upper(SubStr(<Artist>, 1, 1)) BETWEEN 'A' AND 'C'\<Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album>
This worked perfectly. Thank you very much to all who helped out :D
Uinta

Post by Uinta »

Uinta wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 pm
ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:01 am

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much to all who helped out :D
If I add <title> to the end of the mask ...<Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album> like <Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> it lists the tracks in the album which is what I want, however they are listed alphabetically rather than by track number. I cant seem to get this corrected. I have tried some different "sort" functions but none of them seem to work. Is there a way to do this?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Uinta wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pmIf I add <title> to the end of the mask ...<Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album> like <Artist|Trim:1>\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> it lists the tracks in the album which is what I want, however they are listed alphabetically rather than by track number. I cant seem to get this corrected. I have tried some different "sort" functions but none of them seem to work. Is there a way to do this?
What do you mean by "it lists the tracks in the album"? Are you talking about tracks displayed by their Title in the Media Tree or files displayed in the filelist? How about you post the mask that you tried with the "sort" function which didn't work as you wanted?

By the way, the Sort by qualifier in the freely available version of the add-on is used only for sorting of nodes in the Media Tree. Maybe you could try to save sorting order of files in the filelist using options of the program itself.

The enhanced donation version of the add-on has added sort of files in the filelist using Sort by qualifier applied to the global MN node, e.g. Test|Sort by:Album, Track Number\<Artist>.