Too many songs sync over WiFi to MMA

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

almo9004

Too many songs sync over WiFi to MMA

Post by almo9004 »

Log ID: G6FG5H3AXN
Reproduction steps:
  1. Erased all songs from MMA
  2. Restarted MMA
  3. Configured it to sync from MMW via WiFi to my SD-card
  4. In "Auto-sync server device content" -> Playlists -> selected a single non-smart playlist that had a single song in it.
  5. Sync now
Expected result: Download exactly one song.
Actual result: Download 2000+ songs.

Might end up being a duplicate of this report but I started from a clean slate, so I became unsure.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Robert Wilensky, about the Infinite monkey theorem
Lowlander

Re: Too many songs sync over WiFi to MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Check the sync selection in both MMA and MMW for this Device Profile. There may be a discrepancy (there shouldn't be though).
almo9004

[SOLVED] Too many songs sync over WiFi to MMA

Post by almo9004 »

Thanks for the tip, I solved it.
I went into MMW -> Tools -> Options -> Portable Device Sync. There I selected each item in Available Devices and removed all that I could.
I then tried to sync again. I had to re-confirm the connection from MMA and re-select my one playlist on my phone. And then it synced just that! This system is not exactly intuitive so I hope my troubleshooting can help anyone else who faces similar problems.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Robert Wilensky, about the Infinite monkey theorem