How big is you music collection? (2)

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

How big is you music collection?

You may select 1 option

View results

Vihaan1

Re: How big is you music collection? (2)

Post by Vihaan1 »

I didn't know actually. I've less than 1000 songs. I love listening to songs of any genre. But my favorite songs will be in Hindi and Punjabi language.Because of my mother tongue. Recently I listen to this raat digedi diljitdosanjh which is recently added to my list of songs. I also love listening to English songs.
trinalin

Post by trinalin »

My poll answer was just my music collection, which is over 9000 songs. (Not including duplicates or songs I rate 1 star.) But I also have a LOT of MP3s for audio stories (mostly Big Finish and some other radio plays and/or audiobooks.) That, apparently, is nearing 20,000 MP3s. Sheesh!
trinalin
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

It's not hard to compile a big music collection, but for the people with the HUGE collections, I would be asking "how well tagged are they?". :wink:
Peke

Post by Peke »

>85% of 120k Collection
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trinalin

Post by trinalin »

Stigg wrote:It's not hard to compile a big music collection, but for the people with the HUGE collections, I would be asking "how well tagged are they?". :wink:
I'm anal retentive, so all of my MP3s are properly tagged. Sadly, the ratings I'm a bit behind on, but I'm working on it. (The 4 & 5 stars are easy, and I use 2 stars for duplicates so they don't wind up on my phone. It's determining the averages from the slightly above and slightly below that takes more time IMO.)
trinalin
Luna Moon

Post by Luna Moon »

Stigg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:31 am It's not hard to compile a big music collection, but for the people with the HUGE collections, I would be asking "how well tagged are they?". :wink:
That's a great question! :D
I don't have a big collection, because I mainly listen to youtube and spotify and just buy albums, which I really love. So my collection is rather small.
aimeusdietger

Post by aimeusdietger »

They say music is food to the soul..My playlist currently holds about 1400 songs..i love Pop music so that makes up 90% of what i listen to. Classic songs from the 70s and 90s make get 10%. Main reason is because this genres of music have great lyrical content compared to what others have to offer..
My music is in form of Mp3 save for a few videos. I like it this way because i carry a headset with me all the time.
I have to ask though, people with much bigger playlists, say 6000+ songs, when do you ever get to listen to all this songs?? :o
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Last week we had several friends visiting and as they know I was a DJ and have large library 120k+ we created playlist of tracks that I have never listened and rated 3+ stars to guess track name and artist, in case it misses it needs to sing along. It was fun and we laughed a lot.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts