Files on SD are not added to library.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

BryanX9X

Files on SD are not added to library.

Post by BryanX9X »

All of my music files are on my SD card
root\Music

I have given MMa permission to access the SD, but every time i tell it to scan for new media, it doesn't add anything in to the library. It does not give any error either.

If i navigate to any of the files it plays the file just fine, so it has access to the files, but it then only plays the one song & will not traverse the rest of the files.

Currently running
Android Version 6.0.1
Kernel Version 3.10.40
MMa Version 1.3.2.0807

But this issue has been going on for over a year. I forget which version update caused this issue. I reported it in the play store reports but not here. =(

Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you need further info. ThanXX
BryanX9X

Re: Files on SD are not added to library.

Post by BryanX9X »

So two weeks & still no response, so i thought i add in some of the things that i have tried. Oh also to note, in case it affects anything on the back end, i'm a MMA Pro user.

As i said prior, this all started to happen after one of the updates to the app, though i do not recall which update it was.

I have uninstalled mma, deleted all of the folders, that i could find, associated with mma from my sd card as well as from the phone, powered off, powered on, reinstalled mma, still no change.

I have uninstalled mma, deleted all the associated folders, powered off, removed the sd card, powered on, powered off again, re-inserted the sd card, powered on & reinstalled mma, still no change.

I have uninstalled mma, deleted all the associated folders, powered off, removed the sd card, powered on, reinstalled mma, powered off, re-inserted the sd card, powered on, still no change.

Any other ideas or theories would be appreciated. As this is super aggravating. I love the desktop version & i used to love the android version as well before all of this took place. I'd like to like this app again.
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

I have set in 2 logs, one right after a fresh install, & the second after i have played a file through mma

log 1 - YJRMUEN4SK

log 2 - QR1DCKVC79
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Mediastore database on your device is empty, so MMA is not able to get track metadata. All other media player should have a similar issue.
You should refresh your Android MediaStore Database.
I have found quite a nice description how to do it. Start from step 4.
http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/Tutoria ... a-Cache#70
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Trying that now, thanXX. I'll let you know how it goes.
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

After clearing out the media storage data, when i come back to mma it is asking me to give mma access to me sd. Yet when i then click on settings to give it permission like i have done a hundred times, it is now telling me:

"Screen overlay detected

To change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings>apps"

Yet when i go there to turn it off, it is already set to off.

Needless to say, when i go back to mma & grant it permission to my sd, & i add my music folder to the library, there is still nothing there. I'll send you two more log posts like last time, before & after.

log 1 - D8KCIF9JN2
log 2 - JNPK39XQ5H
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Unfortunately still no records in MediaStore. Did you try it in GooglePlay Music, is there visible any local tracks?
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

No, there is nothing in the google play music library either. =(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
can you try one small thing, to use File manager like ES File Explorer and to navigate to tracks and then try to play and select MMA as Player?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

I can use the folder navigation from inside mma & play my music. That has never been the problem, it's just that nothing shows up in the library. & yes i can use ES & play my music that way as well.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If it plays in MMA when you select it in ES and not when you play same file by Using Folders Icon in MMA can you please send us two LOGs one while MMA is Playing file using ES and one when you try to browse on same folder using MMA folders icon?

To send log do: ... -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs and Write down LOG Id here before you send it. That would give us what and how MMA see Storage.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

My music plays from searching via mma & via es.

That was never the problem.

The problem is that mma does not show any of my files via the library feature. When i go under albums/artists/tracks/playlists there is nothing.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Unfortunately, the issue is not fixable on MMA side.
The issue will fix own tag parser, which is planned to the future version https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11794
BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X »

Martin;

ThanXX for the post. However this has nothing to do with MMw

This is not a syncing issue

The data is not coming from any other location. Solely from the sd card that i have in the phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the issue is because of Android Media Scanner which MMA relies on for now. If it doesn't add the files to the Media Store, MMA can't find them. Once MMA has it's own scanner MediaMonkey would be able to fix this problem as it would bypass the Media Store.