Songs start at random timecodes and bookmarking is not enabled

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

olivechicago

Songs start at random timecodes and bookmarking is not enabled

Post by olivechicago »

Recently (feels like when I installed 4.1.21.1873 but cannot be 100% certain,) some tracks have started playing at random timecodes.

For example, double click track to play in MMW and while visually (progress bar, 00:00/5:33) it looks like it starts at 00:00, it clearly is not. Opening the same track in VLC it starts at the exact same spot as in MMW. In VLC though, the progress bar and time counter clearly shows it's starting at 1:33, and I can scroll the bar back to 00:00 and it does play from 00:00.

Type is music. As good measure I also disabled bookmarking for podcast, books, movies, etc. MMW still starts at not the literal beginning of track.

Even let the track play through to the end.
Lowlander

Re: Songs start at random timecodes and bookmarking is not enabled

Post by Lowlander »

Did you set Start/Stop times (Edit > Properties > Details tab)?
olivechicago

Post by olivechicago »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 pm Did you set Start/Stop times (Edit > Properties > Details tab)?
I had checked that as well. Even went as far as deleting both fields. Reopen and they are 00:00 and whatever the total run time should be.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

VLC starts that track at 1.11 and has an interruption at 1.11 if played from earlier in the track. MediaMonkey seems to start playback at the same point, but fails to show that.

I assume the file has some form of corruption.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

This file is corrupted by serious bug in FLAC tagging in build 1873. Please update to the last fixed build as soon as possible.
bateye23

Post by bateye23 »

Happened to me sometimes, I think also it was because of the file.
olivechicago

Post by olivechicago »

MiPi wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:09 am This file is corrupted by serious bug in FLAC tagging in build 1873. Please update to the last fixed build as soon as possible.
Done. Thank you.

While I'm in the process of rescanning, anyone know for certain if the corruption is reversible, or am I going to have to re-rip them?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

olivechicago wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 pm While I'm in the process of rescanning, anyone know for certain if the corruption is reversible, or am I going to have to re-rip them?
Sad to say, it is not easily reversible, as the bug was causing pseudorandom file corruptions. The most reliable way is to re-rip. Really sorry for inconvenience.
olivechicago

Post by olivechicago »

MiPi wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:35 am
olivechicago wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 pm While I'm in the process of rescanning, anyone know for certain if the corruption is reversible, or am I going to have to re-rip them?
Sad to say, it is not easily reversible, as the bug was causing pseudorandom file corruptions. The most reliable way is to re-rip. Really sorry for inconvenience.
Such is life... Many thanks though for helping me on this.