cue file support built-in?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

alb123

cue file support built-in?

Post by alb123 »

MediaMonkey user for 15+ years and have no desire to switch to anything because frankly, nothing is nearly as good/stable as MM. However, I recently started using J-River for my Movies & TV Series. I know the main selling points of J-River are it's handling of audio, but it's not for me...except for one feature I discovered while reading posts on their forum. If you have a FLAC/CUE packed file J-River natively reads the CUE file and lists all songs individually and tags without the need for an add-on. I knew I couldn't do that in MM, but tonight I learned of the longtime script Cue Reader by Trixmoto. Awesome job, Trixmoto! :D Unfortunately, this doesn't exactly solve the problem in terms of keeping a concise database of files since the Cue Reader script has to be run every time.

Are there any plans to integrate some type of feature so we can keep a simple CUE/FLAC structure instead of having to manually split each one into individual flac files for each song and be able to catalog our songs?
Peke

Re: cue file support built-in?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, but not soon I would hope so :( I developed standalone CUE reader/writer 18 years ago and the main reason for MMW not implementing it is that i doesn't support Multiple tracks within single file so it can't handle CUE+SINGLE FLAC cases. I hope this will change in MM5, but I know it will not be in first version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
alb123

Post by alb123 »

Thank you for the response and explanation. Did you say that you developed a plugin/addon for MediaMonkey that does what I'm looking for? If there is a plugin available, would you happen to have the link handy? I took a quick peak at the link in your signature, but I didn't find anything.

Keep up the great work! This remains the best music manager/player on the market, in my opinion. I hope this software someday has the Movie management features I require so I can ditch the other software and I hope more features for all media handling are continually added to future versions. MediaMonkey for life! :D :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is standalone cue editors that I used to create my own Mixed CDs for Shops, Car, Restaurants and clubs where I had DJ Gigs at time

Here is the link for both versions and extensive Help file on what is CUE and how it works http://www.happymonkeying.com/forum/CUESheetEditors.zip
Best regards,
Peke
NordFeniX

Post by NordFeniX »

The lack of support for CUE files is the first and last reason for which I do not buy and will not buy a program.
I have a huge library and there are a lot of albums in the format of the flac + cue (and not only flack). Recently, it is an audiophile standard, supported even by most high-class portable hardware players.
In the Mediamonkey, I can’t see what exactly is playing, I can’t switch between tracks, I can’t figure out the list of tracks in the album, I can’t convert it to a track copy of mp3. This is sometimes necessary for outdated players and for some other purposes. For example, to work as a DJ.
Very, very uncomfortable.
Therefore, in more than half of the cases, foobar works.

Everything else is very good!
As soon as it becomes possible to fully work with cue, I will immediately buy the gold version.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately like I pointed before, no matter how much I wanted it to be implemented in MM (and I want it very much) I must agree with rest of team that for now it is better not to have it implemented than make it half done.

Over the years personally I have not seen a single reason why CUE+FLAC couldn't be M3U8+TRACKs FLACs. My tests shows that burning same CUE+FLAC and M3U8+TRACKS FLACS are by Audio Data identical BIT2BIT and completely lossless.
Best regards,
Peke