Problem with syncing from power up Android 8.0.0

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

OldSchoolMM

Problem with syncing from power up Android 8.0.0

Post by OldSchoolMM »

I want to say that I've been a big fan of MMW for many years now. I want to use MMA on my new Moto G6 Play to replace my aging iPod Touch. I'm running Android 8.0.0 and MMA 1.3.2.0824. The problem I'm having is that every time I power up, MMA asks to get access to my Samsung 256GB MicroSD card. Which is fine but it automatically kicks off a sync that takes maybe 20 mins to finish and when it does it duplicates the songs completely so that the last set of songs get greyed out and a new set gets inserted...so if I power up 5 times, I get 5 duplicate sets of songs, with the latest set being the only one that actually plays (not greyed out). I did it from a clean install: 1) Uninstalled MMA 2) Formatted the SD card, 3) deleted the MediaMonkey directory on both the internal and external storage and reinstalled MMA. After I sync with the USB cable and MMW, everything looks fine until I power off and power on again. Am I messing up on the setup??
Lowlander

Re: Problem with syncing from power up Android 8.0.0

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using an encrypted storage?

Send a debug log (from About) after you see this happening (you can send one soon after scan starts) and reply here with the logID.
OldSchoolMM

Re: Problem with syncing from power up Android 8.0.0

Post by OldSchoolMM »

Hi. I'm a newbee with smart phones so please be bear with me. I believe my phone is encrypted. In settings=>security & location=>Encryption & credentials=> it shows "phone encrypted". I don't think the micro sd card is encrypted. I didn't encrypt it and I don't see where it would show this. I just sent you an error log where I powered on the cell phone and started MMA. It prompts for access to the micro sd card and after I grant access it starts a sync. I checked the albums afterwards and it shows the old set of songs greyed out and a new set created. The logID is EP1CWL5TVM.