Is there a way to import\convert M3U playlists from Windows onto MM for Android?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Darryl_Gittins

Is there a way to import\convert M3U playlists from Windows onto MM for Android?

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Is there a way to import\convert M3U playlists from Windows onto MM for Android? I'm guessing it would require editing the playlists in a text editor before adding them to Android but I wonder if anyone has figured this out before. Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Is there a way to import\convert M3U playlists from Windows onto MM for Android?

Post by Lowlander »

Sync does this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

Otherwise you'll have to edit the Paths as they'd differ. Unless they have relative Paths AND Android supports relative Paths AND the Playlists are stored in the same relative Path on the PC and Android AND the files have the same folder/filename starting at that relative point.
Darryl_Gittins

Re: Is there a way to import\convert M3U playlists from Windows onto MM for Android?

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Thanks! I guess I need to look at sync again. I couldn't get it to work last time I tried. Beyond my skill set, I think.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sync will copy both files and Playlists from your Library to the device.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

The steps in that article don't work. It's really a terrible article.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please elaborate in order that we can improve it.

I followed steps from article and they worked flawlessly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I will try to find some time to critique the article. I ran into some show-stopping roadblocks that could do with some clarification.