Sync from MMA back to MMW. Need ratings.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

vityaii

Sync from MMA back to MMW. Need ratings.

Post by vityaii »

Hello!

I have a bunch of files on my MMW and I synced them with MMA a while ago. Know I want to sync my MMA -> MMW however it seems to me the initial databases are lost (my MMW migrated from other PC and I did not succeed in a proper migration). The most important thing is I need to get my ratings back from MMA to MMW. I have the same files on MMW and MMA.

- I tried usb and wifi sync - it says everything is synced but no ratings updated on MMW.
- I tried copying all my music from MMA to PC however I see no ratings either. (seems that MMA doesn't write ratings to files, it stores them only in database).
- I tried to move folders MediaMonkey from both internal storage and sd card to a new phone, hovewer my ratings are not loaded either.

How can I get my ratings back from MMA ?
Lowlander

Re: Sync from MMA back to MMW. Need ratings.

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW and is the option to sync metadata back to PC enabled? You may need to update to the latest betas to get this to work.

No, MMA doesn't write tags to files, only sync with MMW can accomplish this for now.
beaches

Post by beaches »

Quick question. If I use the auto convert option, will the ratings from the m4a files sync back to the flac files from MMA to MMW? Or does this only work if the files are the exact same?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Conversion should not affect the MMA <> MMW sync when it comes to tags. So yes, they should still transfer back.
beaches

Post by beaches »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm Conversion should not affect the MMA <> MMW sync when it comes to tags. So yes, they should still transfer back.
This is fantastic, it does work, just tried. Thanks a ton, this makes me very happy.