Snippet of prior track audio plays at start of current track

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

sunspot

Snippet of prior track audio plays at start of current track

Post by sunspot »

Here's an odd one that just started recently. I'm running 4.1.20.1864 on Win 10. I've checked for an update but MM hasn't found one. It seems to be hitting 24-bit, 44.1kHz FLAC files the hardest. I can't replicate the behavior at other bit rates or depths, although I haven't tried all (24 bit, 192kHz tracks seem fine, though).

When I start MediaMonkey from a fresh reboot it behaves normally, but after an hour or so whenever it moves from one track to the next it plays a brief snippet of the prior track at the start of the next track. It's not even playing a snippet from the end of the prior track - it seems to be taking it from somewhere else in the prior track.

Any ideas?
sunspot

Re: Snippet of prior track audio plays at start of current track

Post by sunspot »

I might have "fixed" this. I had MM re-compress the FLAC tracks at the highest compression setting, and so far the stuttering behavior has stopped. Not sure though why it was happening in the first place...