Alpha 2134 crashes a lot more often then the previous alphas ...

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

BMF

Alpha 2134 crashes a lot more often then the previous alphas ...

Post by BMF »

Hi staff,

unfortunately Alpha 2134 crashes a lot more often then the previous alphas. I simply get a white window. This must be the MM equivalent to the blue screen ;-). There is no certain situation. It happens quite often while tagging, but can happen too, when the player is simply playing music.

I am telling this for on my desktop system the crashes were more or less gone ... let's say in the last 10 to 15 alphas. I was starting to like to work with the MM5 and was forgetting about MM4 :).

greetings from Berlin

bmf
nothing but a bmf ....
--------------------------
Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit); MM 5 (lifetime licence);
iPod Classic, Sonos
dtsig

Re: Alpha 2134 crashes a lot more often then the previous alphas ...

Post by dtsig »

not seeing that here ... doing a lot of trimming and tagging.

What system are you on
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It crashed without any bugreport ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Crash is all my MM does - it crashes on start up, it crashes after editing a track it crashes after playing for 10 minutes, it crashes when you close. When it asks to submit the fault via email, that crashes too!

The casting disconnects every few songs.

Please get this sorted before Xmas or at least add the casting ability to MM4 so I can have some music on the 25th.
BMF

Post by BMF »

Hi Petr,

the MM5 window simply turns all white. There is no bug report window popping up. And no saved reports in the App Data folder.

greetings

bmf
nothing but a bmf ....
iPod Classic, Sonos
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi bmf,

you can generate a log file as described here: viewtopic.php?p=430332#p430332

ie:
For functional problems (i.e. no crash or error) or if an error report isn't generated automatically, you can manually generate a debug log as described below:
- Download the DbgView application from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896647
- Execute DbgView.
- If you know that the bug triggers a system freeze, configure DbgView to save the log to a file automatically via File > Log to File...
- Execute MediaMonkey.exe and try to reproduce the bug with a small set of Tracks.
- You'll see logs being generated in DbgView (if not try running DBGView as Administrator). Save the log messages from DbgView to a file if necessary.
I am also getting more white screen abends with this release. I have sent them one dump.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Any known steps that we can try to replicate. For me it is more stable than previous versions.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 am Any known steps that we can try to replicate. For me it is more stable than previous versions.
Are you > 2134? ... Ludek said the white screen issue from the log I submitted will be fixed in the next release. ... Maybe you already on that?

You just need to run MM5 fairly heavily for a while. ... I just got a white screen by clicking the spinning wheel, so that the status bar would display.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

:oops: 8) You are completely right just checked I use 2135.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BMF

Post by BMF »

After all .... good news :-). Waiting for 2135 then.
nothing but a bmf ....
iPod Classic, Sonos
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 am Hi,
Any known steps that we can try to replicate. For me it is more stable than previous versions.
Hi - I am actually using b2135, but found this relevant post regarding the white screen. I faced this issue yesterday with the current build. I checked in the app data folder and no log file was generated, perhaps because the system went into sleep mode? I had an album playing on my desktop while I was working on my work laptop. The desktop went into sleep mode after the album finished. I woke my desktop about an hour later and found the white screen. Also, my desktop will typically wake from sleep from either a keyboard or mouse movement, but that did not work this time. I had to hit the power button to wake the PC.
BMF

Post by BMF »

Hi there,

with the alpha 2135 i get less crashes with white windows. Up to now there were only two. The first one while tagging 12 tracks in one go and the second one a few moments ago listening to music and not working with the MM5. I stumbled over the current crash for the music stopped playing and when i got to the computer MM5 was greeting me with the white window.

Can i do something for the stuff to help finding the reasons for the crashes? To do a log like Berry suggested? Which may be difficult, because i cannot replicate the situation. It simply happens or it doesn't happen.

Greetings from Berlin

bmf
nothing but a bmf ....
iPod Classic, Sonos