UPnP/DLNA - Supported Format Codec List [#15297]

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sunspot

UPnP/DLNA - Supported Format Codec List [#15297]

Post by sunspot »

So, I finally got MediaMonkey's built-in UPnP/DLNA server kinda sorta working with many of my video files on my Blu-ray player, having successfully configured it so that it (mostly) knows which video file formats and codecs my Sony Blu-ray player supports, which it doesn't (that'll have to be transcoded) and what's compatible that they can be transcoded to.

But I'm having problems with some of my newest H265 files. While the Sony supposedly supports them, in the MediaMonkey list of supported video formats and codecs for the device, H265 doesn't appear. MediaMonkey can play the files itself alright (the File Properties tab reports them as Video, hvc1), but there's no entry in the codecs list for H265 or hvc1, so MediaMonkey is attempting to transcode them to WMV and failing miserably (my server is a slow old thing), leading to herky jerky playback.

Is there any way to update the list of supported codecs, to add another entry to the list that I could check off? A parameter file somewhere?
Lowlander

Re: UPnP/DLNA - Supported Format Codec List

Post by Lowlander »

freedomfries323

Re: UPnP/DLNA - Supported Format Codec List [#15297]

Post by freedomfries323 »

I think what the response post means is: coming soon on MM 5?
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Except it was closed as a dupe - I can't see the other case - but apparently because it's not a free codec. Only this isn't requesting the ability to read or convert to the codec, only to pass the file unmolested over UPnP/DLNA to another client (which presumably can decode the codec).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Good point, Reopening.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sunspot