Permanently disable shuffle and track repeat

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Hebephrene

Permanently disable shuffle and track repeat

Post by Hebephrene »

I am using 4.1.20 and never use - nor want to use Shuffle or Repeat Track and yet that seems to be the default setting. Meaning every time I want to listen to a lecture, until I go and disable those features, I am shuffled someplace non-chronological (and what I listen to either a symphony or lecture insists upon a chronology). This seems like an option we should get to use but in any event I would like to disable both features, or at the very least prevent them from being the default. Thanks
Peke

Re: Permanently disable shuffle and track repeat

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Shuffle and bookmarking can be controlled per type at Tools -> Options -> Player -> Playback Rules.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like MediaMonkey is not exiting properly as this is remembered. Shuffle is never turned on for me. Repeat Track doesn't exist in MMW, but Repeat All (Continuous) also stays as set.

4.1.23 is the latest release.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Thank you. I will adjust in tools. Is there a way to change the protocol in Android?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tap on the Artwork in the Now Playing screen to enable/disable Shuffle and Repeat.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Whether shuffle & repeat are turned on seems depend upon how I hit play. If I hit the play arrow at the top of the screen, then both are enabled, but if I play by hitting the artwork, and then the play arrow at the bottom neither is enabled unless I choose to enable them.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMA the top Play button is Random Play, which adds the files in a Shuffle manner to the Now Playing. However this doesn't enable Shuffle or Repeat options.

If you want to add files in the listed order you need to do a long-press on files, select those you want added and use the Play buttons at the bottom of the screen to add selected files in shown order to the Now Playing.