WASAPI and UPNP

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lunchbox

WASAPI and UPNP

Post by lunchbox »

Hello,

With the output plugin set as WASAPI in exclusive mode, if I set the player to a upnp renderer suddenly the volume control in Mediamonkey affects the volume of playback on the upnp device. With the playback set to digital output, the volume control has no effect. Does this mean I can't send bitperfect output via upnp?

Ultimately I'd like to know how to send bitperfect output to a upnp renderer so the renderer can output over spdif to a DAC.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: WASAPI and UPNP

Post by Lowlander »

Your output plugin settings have no affect on UPnP streaming. The file is send as-is (or auto-converted if you've set MediaMonkey to do this) and it's the client that renders the file.
lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

Forgive my ignorance. So when pushing audio to the renderer, mediamonkey's volume control is directing the renderer to lower the volume? But the audio streamed to the renderer is bitperfect?

Edit: I've deleted all the automated conversion scripts included in the options.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey doesn't send audio, it send the file, it's up to the renderer to output the audio. When setting the MediaMonkey Player to play to a renderer the Play controls in MediaMonkey control the Play controls on the rendered (where supported).
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Is there a way to turn off MediaMonkey's ability to control the volume of the renderer. The little volume slider in MM is really twitchy, and I'm worried I'm gonna accidentally blast myself one of these nights when I touch it and send the volume flying to Spinal Tap 11 levels...