[REQ] collections on the home screen in MMA

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

shambolic782

[REQ] collections on the home screen in MMA

Post by shambolic782 »

I just picked up MMA after finally upgrading to MM4. One feature that I think would be really cool would be to better integrate the "collections" feature of MM4 into MMA. Specifically, I'd like to see expanded "personalize home screen" options that would allow me to add synced collections directly to the home screen--sort of like how "Classical Music" works now. To take just one example, I have a huge playlist of "essential albums" that I sync to my phone. I love that in MM4 I can turn that playlist into a "collection" so I can browse it like a separate library (i.e. by album, artist, etc). Would love to be able to get that same browsing experience for collections in MMA.
F1nchy

Request: Collections (or some form of grouping) in MMA?

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys

MM for Windows is great for collections which makes it easy to create and group pretty much anything into any collections, but none of this is available in MMA. Is it something that is planned and will be coming? If not, can it be added as a feature request please? Ideally linked to the collections in MM Windows but something like the playlist folders in Spotify would work as well.

I want to be able to group stuff together, for example, favourite Indie albums, favourite electronic, new albums I want to try - that sort of thing. I can do it easily in MM for Windows but MMA is fairly basic and when it comes to looking for something to try I often forget what I wanted to listen try, etc!

I basically want to lump a selection of albums into groups so when I look at that collection/playlist folder I can see just the albums, not just a massive list of tracks from them all.
F1nchy

Re: [REQ] collections on the home screen in MMA

Post by F1nchy »

Wow! Thanks for moving it to an existing request.... from five years ago! Hopefully another thing that will be in MMA 2 then! lol
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As you noted, we are working on things like that. Especially now as MMS (MediaMonkey Server) is released to public which will further allow MMA to access resources and collections from MMW library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks, I've just registered for the MMA beta