Help on syncing playlist in m3u8 format

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

fzhang75

Help on syncing playlist in m3u8 format

Post by fzhang75 »

Hi, I'm new to MMA and wifi sync. I got my playlists synced to my android phone (pixel 2 XL) and these lists do show up in MMA. However, if I play them in other players then all the songs that are not in English are dropped. I manually modified the list file extension from m3u to m3u8 and that works nicely with all the players.

So I'd like the lists to be synced as m3u8 instead m3u files. I played with the settings in the device profile and selected m3u8 as the playlist format. That didn't seem to do anything. The lists are still synced as m3u files. I tried PLA and PLS but they don't take effect either. Does the synced list always have a m3u file extension regardless of this format setting?

I'm running the latest version of MMW (portable mode) and on latest beta version of MMA.

Thanks,
Peke

Re: Help on syncing playlist in m3u8 format

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In Device sync Profiles options you can configure playlist supported format and set m3u8 and utf-8 encoding enabled.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
fzhang75

Post by fzhang75 »

Hi Peke,

Thanks for replying. This was what I did and that setting didn't seem to do anything. I went into options, portable device sync, chose the profile for my phone and clicked config. Then I set the playlist format to m3u8 (with utf-8 support option checked) but the playlists were still synced as m3u files. Tried PLA and PLS format and got m3u's as well. I tried on all the phones I can get my hands on: a pixel 2 XL, a mate 9 and a Moto G4.

The encoding was fine though. All that's required for them to show correctly in other players (PowerAmp for example) was to change the file extension from m3u to m3u8 (but then they no longer sync with MMW). After spending hours trying to figure this out, I finally gave up. I now run a script on my phone after each sync and rename all the playlists to m3u8. That solved my problem for now but I'd like to see it work in MMA. I suspect there's a bug somewhere.

Thanks a lot,
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you are in profile playlist options in supported formats deselect all except M3U8 and you should force MMW to sync M3U8
Best regards,
Peke
fzhang75

Post by fzhang75 »

Hi Peke,

I just tried what you suggested and unfortunately it didn't work for me. I clicked "set formats" and deselected everything but m3u8. After that m3u8 was the only option in the drop down. But I'm still getting m3u files. (I deleted everything from my phone too, just to make sure that I get a fresh sync. Also restarted MMW.)

Thanks,

Fan
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ok, can you please open support Ticket and supply us with debug Log as described at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69
Best regards,
Peke