Unable to cast audio [#15477 #18372]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

CraigG

Re: Unable to cast audio [#15477]

Post by CraigG »

Hi

Computer crashed - I had to buy a new one so i'm starting again.

I tried to copy my 'MM' database file to my new computer but I cannot see any MM files in my Portable folder. Where do I place my MM file to keep all my settings and database?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

If you installed MM5 as portable then copy contents of whole /Portable/ folder to the new computer.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

I can't - that computer is dead. Does the new player not use the MM file any more? How can I salvage that? This will be an issue for users with big collections reliant on their MM file.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

What do you mean by MM file? Are you referring MM.DB ? Yes, it still uses MM.DB, MediaMonkey.ini, MediaMonkey.registry (in case of portable) and newly persistent.json (MM5 specific UI metadata)

So if you have MM.DB from the old computer then replace it over your current MM.DB on the new computer. This will preserve your database (playlists, tracks, collections, playcounts, ratings), but not the MM settings, as settings is stored within the INI (settings in Options) and within JSON/registry (UI layout)
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Sorry to waste your time Ludek. I reinstalled MM and the MM.DB file is visible again.

My bad
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Hey Ludek - MM just shut me off saying I can only cast for 30 minutes unless I buy Gold. I thought that was all disabled for these versions. Can I work around? I can't help if i'm cut off.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I guess that you previously registered MM5 with your MM4 licence, isn't it?
So putting your credentials again to MM5 should resolve the issue.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Apologies again - you're right. New computer, I'm forgetting I need to re-to log in or add credentials to everything this week.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Mate - why is no one working on the MM Android app? It has been buggy forever with no updates, no fixes.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

CraigG wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 pm Mate - why is no one working on the MM Android app? It has been buggy forever with no updates, no fixes.
The app is still in development, not sure which bugs you are referring, but you can search and/or report on the corresponding MMA forum here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25
mastrege

Post by mastrege »

Hello,
I'm a happy user of MM (Gold) since about 10 years. Yesterday I was downloading the 5th version of MM (MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2167 Beta) on my Windows 10 PC to trying the new cast feature. If I press the right bottom cast button I see a list of my cast devices (Chromecast, MiBox, Samsung TV and the internal player). But I still missing my "chromecast audio" device. It is connected to my stereo amplifier. Is this an bug and you are still working on it to fix it or it will be not supported in future.
On my Chrome Browser I can select the "chromecast audio" device and cast the songs from my streaming service to it.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards, Matthias
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Chromecast Audio is supported and is detected just fine for me, my colleagues and the users here.

Please download and install this build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kacngz4j8rl5 ... g.exe?dl=0
and generate debug log using it (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 )

1) Start DbgView
2) Start MM5
3) Click the cast icon on the player and wait a little until the list of players is shown
4) Save the log from the DbgView to a file, upload the file to a free file hosting service (DropBox, Box, RapidShare, ...) and attach the link to the file (or PM me the link)

Thanks!
mastrege

Post by mastrege »

Hello Ludek,

thank you for you response. Now MM5 is detecting Chromecast Audio, but it cannot connect to it. After a few seconds (time-out) appears a messagebox "The "Chromecast Audio" player is turned off or inaccessible."

I have uploaded the debug-log and the screenshot of error to my cloud service.
But I can not post url links to this external domain. Caused I'm new here, I can not post a PM to you.

Thank you for your support.

Regards, Matthias
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I also get MM5 showing my Chromecast Ultra (connected to a TV) but not my Chromecast Audio. I did send in a ticket, but have heard nothing from it.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

yarguy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:33 am I also get MM5 showing my Chromecast Ultra (connected to a TV) but not my Chromecast Audio. I did send in a ticket, but have heard nothing from it.
I replied your ticket TJS-719-73558 , but haven't heard from you, do you see my replies?