Issues transferring huge library

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

rezme

Issues transferring huge library

Post by rezme »

What is the largest file collection MM can handle when transferring to USB or an android device? I've got an extremely large archive, around 41k tracks, about 300 gb. I bought a 512gb SD to put in my phone, and initially started transferring via USB cable. After many attempts I finally got the whole thing to sync without error. I ejected the device, checked MM Android, and discovered only about 2000 songs on the device, and no playlists. I attempted again (keeping in mind that we're talking about something in the neighborhood of a 12 hour run to synchronize) and still same result.

At this point, I thought maybe Android was the issue, so I restarted synchronization directly to the Micro SD in an adapter on USB. That transfer, too, after 12 hours or so, was successful. Upon ejecting the card, I lost the playlists, and the number of files on the drive were down to about 1600 or so, the weird part was that the space shows as taken up on the drive, despite the files not existing.

I did it again, copied the playlist files out (as that's the only part that I really needed the sync for) and am now transferring files to the USB via "Organize" function using the file location mask that was in the portable device sync settings so as to not screw with the path info in the playlists. I have no idea if this is going to work, but I'm two weeks invested in trying to transfer this library, and I'm desperate.

Is there a maximum size limitation for archives that could explain this weird behavior?
Peke

Re: Issues transferring huge library

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I have not used that big SDCard, but I have successfully synced 1TB of Media to External HDD that I later used in OTG on my car Android Headunit.

Are you being able to play any of missing tracks using Folders within MMA?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW are you using?
Peke

Post by Peke »

I would also try to Check exact SDCard Capacity there is really high number of fake SDCards.

Here you can find some free apps for checking SDCards https://www.geckoandfly.com/22803/detec ... -ssd-disk/
Best regards,
Peke
rezme

Post by rezme »

Peke wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:32 pm I would also try to Check exact SDCard Capacity there is really high number of fake SDCards.

Here you can find some free apps for checking SDCards [,,]
Well, we have a winner. I ran H2testw on the card, and it's showing only 14.9 gb ok. Amazon's sending a replacement. We'll see if this one is faulty (fraudulent) too...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Dang :( sorry to hear that, not that I have not expected result like that but at least we know where the problem is.

16GB card :(

Fingers crossed.
Best regards,
Peke