Files removed from HD when synced. How can I get the tags and counts to the new files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Springsteenfan

Files removed from HD when synced. How can I get the tags and counts to the new files

Post by Springsteenfan »

I've been having problems with MMW attempting to sync to my Samsung Galaxy J3 (MMA). Anyway, yesterday it looked like it had actually succeeded in syncing. Nope. When I look at MMW it had added about 1800 duplicates, and where songs had been played it hadn't added to the actual counts it duplicated the song in the main list. But, it gets worse...I look at the folders on my HD and all the files had vanished except the duplicates. So, the questions are as follows 1) why did the files get removed 2) why didn't the counts get added 3) If I add the files back to the HD (from my external) will the information be tagged to the song, even though it got removed? So, say Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Anaheim 22/05/00 has four stars and 195 plays, will that information get tagged to the 'new' file I've placed where it belongs? This likes kinda rambling as it's hard to put it down in words what I'm trying to get at.
Lowlander

Re: Files removed from HD when synced. How can I get the tags and counts to the new files

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using and how exactly did you sync? Are you using MediaMonkey on your device too (if so which version)?

Play History isn't saved to the files, only to the database. If you replace a file on your hard drive it will now have those Play Counts associated with it (as long as the Path in the database for the file matches the actual file's Path).