Transferred my collection and somehow the external and SD Card don't match

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Springsteenfan

Transferred my collection and somehow the external and SD Card don't match

Post by Springsteenfan »

I have had to wipe my SD Card as I had been editing songs on the fly on MMW. I have - according to MMW (and my HD) 13,844 songs. So I put everything back into normal for transferring, it goes off without a hitch. Till I check MMA and according to that - the song I'm playing is 662/7502. Which is weird because I had carefully transferred everything from my external HD. Then to make matters worse an awful lot of albums seem to have had their artwork stripped from them. This frustrating as I like MMA and MMW but I seem to be running into problems all the time. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction of getting everything ship-shape, please?
Lowlander

Re: Transferred my collection and somehow the external and SD Card don't match

Post by Lowlander »

Have you told MMA to do scan of your media files from the Options?
Springsteenfan

Post by Springsteenfan »

Yes, I did that and to make matters worse after it had scanned them it had dropped to 7502 which is some 6300+ LESS than it should be. If I wipe my SD Card (again) and remove MMA from my phone, then uninstall MMW that should allow me a totally clean install of all of my tracks and should have both the phone and MMW with the same song count, yes?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA will only show files it supports (file types) so perhaps you file types that aren't supported?
Springsteenfan

Post by Springsteenfan »

All my tracks are MP3 format. When they first went onto my phone it took all of them correctly and the difference between the two was only a few. But, I had been adding stars to the MMW and wanted to get those added to MMA so both were running alkongside each other. That's when it went pear-shaped. I synced and it completely messed up. I ended up with songs losing artwork, songs that had stars on MMW appearing along side the same track with no stars on MMA, and hte playcounts from MMA appearing as a separate entry on MMW. That made me slightly concerned to be honest. Here's hoping to getting it sorted and running smoothly.