Wireless Sync is a Great feature but...

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Rednroll

Wireless Sync is a Great feature but...

Post by Rednroll »

Using MMA Pro wireless sync is a great feature, when it works.

Does everyone else have as many problems getting it to work as me?
I feel I'm lucky if I'm able to get it to work 50% of the time.

The other times?
I often get on MMA, "MediaMonkey is waiting for other background processes to complete", then it just sits there and spins for at least an hour if I let it where it usually gets fixed if I just close out MMA and restart it.

I often get in MMA, "Cannot connect to Media Server", which typically requires a restart of MMW. The Server on my windows PC shows it's up and running, MMW is open and running fine, but it just seems the Media Server is out to lunch. I find this often happens if I step away from my PC and my PC has gone into sleep mode.

I often get prompted in MMW to "Allow remote Access to the server" when I start it up, although I've granted it remote access multiple times previously.

I often get, "Since this is your 1st time syncing, you may need to go to MMW and allow remote access" although I've synced multiple times previously.

I often get in MMA, "No media servers found", although my PC is running with MMW and it shows in my Network locations on my PC that the MM Server is present.

If the wireless sync actually goes through without any hiccups I'm typically surprised.

I love MM but this wireless sync is a big headache. It seems like there are just too many variables involved that can go wrong and they often do, and troubleshooting them to get it to work is a mess since there's no real clue in the messages of where the problem resides. I'm constantly restarting my PC, opening and closing MMW, opening and closing MMA, restarting my Android device, restarting my router, etc, etc.

I really wish I could just use one of my Network drives which is connected to my router to store my library and have MMA sync wirelessly with that HDD. At least that way it would reduce the amount of variables of having a separate PC with MMW running and all the MM server and firewall monkey business on that PC, which just seems to fail randomly and MM seems to forget the access and settings I already set.

I can't be the only one dealing with all these headaches with MMA wireless sync because I own multiple Android OS devices with MMA Pro installed on them, and everyone of them I have these exact same issues.
Lowlander

Re: Wireless Sync is a Great feature but...

Post by Lowlander »

Start here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ork-at-all

Which version of MMW and MMA?
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:23 am
Which version of MMW and MMA?
MMW v4.1.23 (Portable) on Win10 Pro
MMA v1.3.3 Android v8.0.0
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW is now at 4.1.24: https://www.mediamonkey.com/news
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please upgrade to Latest MMA 1.3.4 Beta as once first WiFi Connection is Established you can save Server and MMA will firstly try to direct access Server before it research for it on network.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Peke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:35 pm Hi,
Please upgrade to Latest MMA 1.3.4 Beta as once first WiFi Connection is Established you can save Server and MMA will firstly try to direct access Server before it research for it on network.
Thanks Peke! I just read your response to a similar problem which seems related.
Peke wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:03 pm To be more specific after Microsoft removed SMB 1.0 Support from Windows they also removed/broken NETBIOS Over TCP/IP making PCS not seen on Network tree node. Shortly said every device that respond to SMB 1.0 Packets are omitted from list due the "security reasons" eg. every Android Device still by default support SMB 1.0 and are rejected to connect.

As of several most recent Beta versions of MMA support manual add of MMW server and saving found servers so discovery and sync is much faster if you save servers.

This is known issue and they prolonged support for 14 years and as of Windows 10 v1803 (Creator update) it was removed from Pro and partially from Home version.

You can try fixing it as described at http://woshub.com/network-computers-not ... indows-10/

More info at:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... networking
https://www.google.com/search?q=Microso ... os+service

NOTE: I for example for the same reason I can't see my QNAP on LAN as it uses Static IP and custom DNS so Router DNS Server do not see it and when devices ask for MMW they do not see it unless they are searching at same time MMW is started. We plan to improve that in future versions but for now starting Serach for UPnP servers and then starting MMW is only workaround for now wher after first find you can save server for future syncs.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Let us know the results.

Usually after you start/during scanning for Sync Server just restart MMW and in 99% of cases you will see server which you can then save and all should work from then much easier.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts