Total Time [#15621]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Richard127

Total Time [#15621]

Post by Richard127 »

Would it be possible to have "Total Time" information for selected album/selected tracks available on the play bar (possibly as one of the customisation options). This is really useful for a quick idea of time when building a playlist or tracks for a CD etc., and was present in MM4.
Barry4679

Re: Total Time

Post by Barry4679 »

Richard127 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:20 am Would it be possible to have "Total Time" information for selected album/selected tracks available on the play bar (possibly as one of the customisation options).
MM5 does display this information, but it is buggy .... ie. sometimes I see it everywhere, and other times it is missing, and can be difficult to trigger its re-appearance.

It overwrites the bottom line of the list or grid ... and is written there after the display settles.... but sometimes it never arrives. So there appears to be some kind of race condition. ... I have mostly seem this with a new db, so maybe MM5 is busy with caches etc, and the footer behaviour is at too low a priority

The same thing happens when the display reclaims the space used the the Player panel at the bottom of the screen ... sometimes when I hide the player, the space is not reclaimed by the list or grid ... ie. it persists as a blank space.

Both of things happened to me this morning ... and now I can't trigger either of them.

Another thing, the footer information is not always correct ... see image below ... it looks to me that I should have selected 19 tracks, but the footer thinks that I have selected only 9 tracks .... I sometimes see this in Album&Tracks view ... MM5 seems to get confused when selecting the album via a click on the art, and ctrl clicking to add another album

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1m1z2698f83r ... r.png?dl=0
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

Just noticed that it does show up in List View and Album & Tracks view, just not in Art View. Thanks Barry4679. Hopefully will be fixed soon.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thanks, problem with wrong sum reproduced, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15621
Richard127

Re: Total Time [#15621]

Post by Richard127 »

As of v.2173 total time still not displaying in "Art View"
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not being able to replicate anymore in 2173.

Can you try to install clean Portable version into temp folder like c:\MM5Arttest ?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

Hi Peke.
Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. But here goes... I made a new, clean portable install. Only thing I did was import a handful of albums from a folder I don't use for my main album database, from C: drive.

First Picture shows what I am looking for: a total time for selected tracks (1 album in this instance).

Second Picture shows display for "Art" only view. There is no total time information.

MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Issue reopened, it still occurs in art view sometimes.
But the mentioned example is not implemented at all, album popup (tracklist(s) under album artwork after click) does not support status bar.
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

Ah, I think I've found the answer. I have been clicking the thumbnail, which gives a tracklist (without any total time). I now realise that waiting a second for the top right triangle to appear over the thumbnail and placing a tick on a single or multiple albums, shows the total time in the status bar. Many thanks and apologies for missing that and taking your time. Picture below to demonstrate. It would still be useful to show total time on a status bar when clicking on an album, especially when selecting individual tracks as this helps when choosing tracks for creating CD's etc., and having to change view to Album & Tracks is a pain. Although, I understand that this might not be possible. This solution gives me most of what I need. Thanks.

Last edited by Richard127 on Wed May 01, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Np, there was really bug, that even this did not work correctly rarely, so your comment helped to find it ;-).
Total time when inside the popup will not be probably implemented, as it could cause other problems and confusions.