Appear and Reappearing files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nmvabc

Appear and Reappearing files

Post by nmvabc »

Hello,

I'm having an issue when synchronizing MMW to MMA - some songs keep showing up and disapearing.
Lets say I have song A in my MMW and it is not on MMA. If I do a sync, song A is transferred to MMA, and it is now on both devices. If I do another sync, then song A (and its folder and all songs in it) are removed from MMA. The file is physically no longer present on my Android phone. If I do another sync, then song A (and its folder and all songs in it) are transferred back to my smartphone. Another sync and they dissapear. And so on and so forth.

Looking at the songs existing on my library they keep oscilating between 1758 and 1745 songs as I do syncs between my PC and Android smartphone.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Cheers,
Nuno
Lowlander

Re: Appear and Reappearing files

Post by Lowlander »

How do you sync, and does this change between syncs? Which version of MMW and MMA are you using?
nmvabc

Post by nmvabc »

Hi,

I'm using USB cable.
My MMW 4.1.24.1883 is and my MMA is 1.3.4.0854.

I can't understand why some files keep on getting coppied to my smartphone and getting deleted as I keep on syncking...

Cheers,
Nuno
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure that files that are being removed during sync are still part of the sync selection? If so I suggest to capture 2 debug logs (step 4b: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69) 1 where the files are removed and 1 where they're synced back. Attach the logs to a Support Ticket.