Moved MM4 from laptop to PC, playlists not seeing file?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

robmorin

Moved MM4 from laptop to PC, playlists not seeing file?

Post by robmorin »

Hello, I copied c:\MusicMaster that holds all my mp3s from my laptop to a desktop. So all mp3s are in same location on both laptop and desktop.
Before i opened MM4 on desktop, i copied over MM.db from laptop to desktop into c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey
so both laptop and desktop have the same MM.db

I started up MM4 on desktop, and it started to scan c:\MusicMaster When it was done, i had double the mp3s, so 30k rather than 15k. When i go look in the Music section on the left hand side tree, i see all songs doubled, one in white color, one in gray color.
The gray colors do not play and when i check properties it does not show a drvie letter it shows [] instead, or looks like that. So rather than c:\MusicMaster\pink floyd\kashmir it is []:\pink flyod\kashmir

And all of my playlist do not work they are all gray in color and the properties of the file sin there show the odd path

i spent weeks getting my 50 or so playlists together, i hope they are not munched up?
Meanwhile on my laptop all is still well...

What did i mess up???
Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Moved MM4 from laptop to PC, playlists not seeing file?

Post by Lowlander »

robmorin

Post by robmorin »

Wow, worked like a charm that addon!
I donated to it. it was like butter..
Thanks for the tip guys!
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

So can i use the script to move my files from C:\musicmaster to M:\musicmaster if i simply put M:\ as new location and check copy files first?

Thanks...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest using MediaMonkey to move the files instead:https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... enames/4.0 This will have the database updated right away.

However, the Addon should the trick.