Sending metadata by TCP

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lornevs

Sending metadata by TCP

Post by lornevs »

I am using MediaMonkey to play music which I send to a streaming service (IceCast). I am using an encoder called Rocket Broadcaster as an intermediary, the music streams fine but there is no song information. The Rocket Broadcaster instructions say I should set up my player to send metadata updates via TCP to Host 127.0.0.1, Port 9002. How do I do This? I have MediaMonkey Gold.
Peke

Re: Sending metadata by TCP

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please elaborate your setup bit more.

I use setup that relay stream thru QNAP in multiple points and standards, can you point me to Rocket Broadcaster instructions or setup manual/FAQ I doubt that only TCP is available and if yes I would need the format of packets in order to let you know what and how.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lornevs

Post by lornevs »

Thank you for your quick reply. On further investigating their web site (not just the app) I see there are other options available but you need to buy the Pro Version so I'll either do that or find another encoder that suits my needs. I'll post here if I need further help on this issue.
Lorne
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you decide to buy Pro version let me know I would like to make it fully working and a tutorial for any future user would be more than useful.
Best regards,
Peke
lornevs

Post by lornevs »

Thanks, I will do that.
lornevs

Post by lornevs »

Just to let you know, the guy at Rocket Broadcaster was very helpful, he researched and found out MediaMonkey supports Winamp plugins. Following his instructions I downloaded Title Track Monitor, set it up and it works fine. This one exports Artist-Title to a text file but there are others that do more complex functions.
You do need the pro version of RB but I don't mind paying for good software and support, as I did with MediaMonkey. All is good.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is no need for Winamp plugin to export Info You want to TXT file. I only needed path where file is saved and its format and basic MMW plugin can be made with few lines :)

Feel free to let RB guys that if they want we can work something about better MM integration. I am in Broadcasting for 20+ years. Unfortunately I can't Pro as I do not have license.

They can contact me on email on pavle mediamonkeycom I'll be more than glad to help them integrate it more tightly.

Are you using https://katyscode.wordpress.com/2008/02 ... l-to-file/ from http://files.djkaty.com/software/winamp ... e-monitor/ ?
Best regards,
Peke
lornevs

Post by lornevs »

Yes, it comes from DJ-Katy but specifically I'm using "title-track-monitor".
I've passed your info and offer to Albert at Rocket Broadcaster, he is the founder and lead developer at Oscillicious.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I hope that he will contact me I'll be glad to help him make things work.
Best regards,
Peke