Autotranscode produces artifacts

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

beaches09

Autotranscode produces artifacts

Post by beaches09 »

mmw 4.124.1883, mma 1.3.5.0856, galaxy s9, android 9. using m4a quality 50, 60. songs output around 256kbps.

Sync went over a very strong wifi connection, and I only used 6 of 8 pc threads for encoding.

Many songs have static stratch artifacts that are not in the original FLAC files. Like a scratched record sound.

Is there a way around this? Thanks

Also, is there a way to import a different aac encoder? Which one do you guys use?

Thanks
Peke

Re: Autotranscode produces artifacts

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not being able to replicate, what formats are FLAC files and do you have Volume leveling enabled on Transcode?

Tested on on 16/24 Bit 44.1/48/96/192 FLAC files an could not replicate. for Clip testing I used Moto X4 with on Audio Technica ATH-M50x and with Steel series USB Sound Card, also recorded with TASCAM US 2x2 24/96 to directly inspect waveform of original FLAC and resulted M4A no artifacts found.

Can you please us FLAC sample file for analyze?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
beaches09

Post by beaches09 »

Thanks man. I was just coming back to post an update.

My great apologies, I realized it's not the transcoder, just the app. The songs play normal in a different player. So it's something with the beta app. And I understand it's beta so I could always roll back. But this is good, since it's not the autotranscode process. Because I very much like this feature. 8)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try disabling Volume Leveling and Equalizer in MMA. Do you still experience the problem?
beaches09

Post by beaches09 »

I don't have any of the auto volume leveling options enabled on either program, but you're right, turning off the EQ on mma fixes the issue.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Clipping prevention in MMA 1.x is not that perfect and we are planning to improve that in v2.x where we are looking in better control than system one.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts