Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode [#15669]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pbryanw

Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode [#15669]

Post by pbryanw »

Hi, I'm using MM 5.0.0.2175 on Windows 10 x64.

The problem starts for me, when I minimize MM5 to the taskbar then skip a track, or tracks, using the keyboard shortcut (Media Next in my case).

After I do this, the Art & Details panel (which is setup in the lower left-hand side of my MM5 window), gets resized, without any intervention on my behalf. And I only notice, once I have restored the MM5 window from its minimized state.

Here are some before and after screenshots:

Before MM5 is minimized:

After MM5 has been minimized, and tracks have been skipped:

I wonder if you can reproduce this? I'm running Windows at 2560 x 1440 resolution, with 125% scaling.

Thanks, Paul
Ludek

Re: Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate this issue, but I wonder: does this happen only when using the 'media next' button or also when you just hover over the MM5 icon on the taskbar and press the next button to skip the track?
Also, does this happen also when you disable 'Pop-up display' in Options > Player > [ ] Pop-up file info: [4] seconds
?
Ludek

Re: Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode

Post by Ludek »

OK, I have to correct myself.
I just tested with the 'Art & Details' panel on the left (below the media tree) and in that cases I can always replicate it even without using the track skipping.
Just minimizing to the taskbar and maximizing back results in the issue.

Steps:
1) Configure layout to have A&D on the left and below the media tree
2) Enlarge the A&D window
3) Click MM5 icon on the taskbar to minimize
4) Click MM5 icon on the taskbar to maximize again
=> A&D auto-resized to the original size

Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15669
pbryanw

Re: Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode [#15669]

Post by pbryanw »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:42 amOK, I have to correct myself.
I just tested with the 'Art & Details' panel on the left (below the media tree) and in that cases I can always replicate it even without using the track skipping.
Just minimizing to the taskbar and maximizing back results in the issue.

Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15669
Hi, I've just installed the new 5.0.0.2178 beta and, unfortunately, the 'Art & Details' panel is still being resized for me, when I minimize the MM5 window. Sometimes the bug won't get triggered the first time I minimize the MM window, but only on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Also, there seems to be another bug with the 'Art & Details' panel, which occurs after I quit MM5, where the panel gets slightly resized at the start of the next session.

Size before quitting:
Size at beginning of next session:

Thanks again, Paul
MiPi

Re: Art & Details panel resizes after track is skipped in minimized mode [#15669]

Post by MiPi »

It seems to be regression, issue reopened.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

MiPi wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:43 am It seems to be regression, issue reopened.
Thanks for your help again. It's much appreciated.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

Hi, unfortunately, I'm still having this problem in the new MM 5.0.0.2179 Beta.

However, now, the Art & Details panel sometimes retain its settings (once resized) for a brief period, before the bug occurs.

It usually always gets triggered, though, after I minimize and restore the MM5 window a few times.

Thanks, Paul
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Sadly we are not able to reproduce this. Could you elaborate it more, to find out, when it occurs? Do you use the app window only in full-screen? The problem is related to the fact, that Windows change window size during minimizing/restoring, it is for a while a lot smaller and MM tries to re-arrange panels to fit in this new size of Window. We currently detect situation, that it is during this minimizing/restoring, and do not re-arrange, but if this does not work for you, it means, that the detection probably fails for some reason. But hard to find without reproducing. Thanks.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

MiPi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am Sadly we are not able to reproduce this. Could you elaborate it more, to find out, when it occurs? Do you use the app window only in full-screen?
@MiPi - Hi, thanks for your continued support with this. It's much appreciated.

I always run MM5 in a maximized window, at 1440P resolution, with Windows 10 scaling set to 125%.

The resizing issue nearly always occurs straight-away for me, after I minimize then restore, the MM5 window a few times.

I've made a screen capture video of my problem, which I've uploaded to YouTube. I think this describes the issue, better than my words can. It was recorded just after opening MediaMonkey, using the latest MM 5.0.0.2179 Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FqUmlu ... e=youtu.be
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thank you! Finally reproduced, only very rarely, I can often minimize 20x and nothing happens. Reopened.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

MiPi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:20 pm Thank you! Finally reproduced, only very rarely, I can often minimize 20x and nothing happens. Reopened.
Thank you again! I'm glad you were able to reproduce, and I'll be eagerly looking forward to the next beta release.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

It was timing issue, better reproducible on slower computers. Hope it will be ok now.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

MiPi wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 pm It was timing issue, better reproducible on slower computers. Hope it will be ok now.
@MiPi - Thank you for the explanation. I've also noticed another very small bug, where the Art & Details panel gets resized when MediaMonkey is exited, then reopened.

I made another short video, as I feel it describes the bug better than my words can:
https://youtu.be/Cf7pCX5IUxU
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

pbryanw wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:59 pm @MiPi - Thank you for the explanation. I've also noticed another very small bug, where the Art & Details panel gets resized when MediaMonkey is exited, then reopened.

I made another short video, as I feel it describes the bug better than my words can:
https://youtu.be/Cf7pCX5IUxU
I was trying to reproduce it for 20 minutes and it did not happen at all, so hopefully will be fixed too, seems it was the same problem.
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

@MiPi- Thank you again for your help - it's great to hear this will be fixed too.