[SOLVED] MMW not displaying smaller size files in library?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Rednroll

[SOLVED] MMW not displaying smaller size files in library?

Post by Rednroll »

Hi, I'm working on a Sound FXs collection of audio files I recently purchased and trying to import these audio files into my library. The FXs collection consists of 1000 SFXs and I noticed after having MM scan the folder I have them in, that less than 400 files were displayed inside of MM.

What I noticed about the files which didn't get displayed in MMW is that they were smaller in size <8K. I can open these files in MMW and play them back but since I can't add them to my library I can't do any Metadata mods or further organization.

At this point, I'm assuming there may be a setting in MMW which I haven't found which may say to ignore file sizes less than a specified size when adding to the library. Can anyone point me where to find this setting if it exists?

FYI, all files are MP3 format.
Lowlander

Re: MMW not displaying smaller size files in library?

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Library has rules on what files should be ignored on scanning.
Rednroll

Re: MMW not displaying smaller size files in library?

Post by Rednroll »

I found it, it was at the default setting of ignore files <20KB. It's funny, how I can dig through the options and not find what I'm looking for, but as soon as I post a question on this forum, then I find the answer. :D