Files on SD are not added to library.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Files on SD are not added to library.

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm

The problem lies with Android Media Scanner which is something MediaMonkey can't fix. This is why it will be abandoned for MMA 2, but that is a major rewrite, not a small fix. Neither MMW 5 nor MMA 2 have a release date, instead they'll be released when ready, which unfortunately isn't great to hear if you're really waiting for it. As MMA 2 relies on features included in MMW 5 (not in MMW 4) it is set to be released after MMW 5 is finished (at minimum at a much more polished point). Both MMW 5 and MMA 2 are major rewrites, and that unfortunately takes time.

With MMA 1 it's best to sync MMW to MMA as this allows MediaMonkey to bypass the Android Media Scanner for the most part as MMW updates MMA directly with files and tag information.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

BryanX9X

Post by BryanX9X » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Lowlander wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm
With MMA 1 it's best to sync MMW to MMA as this allows MediaMonkey to bypass the Android Media Scanner for the most part as MMW updates MMA directly with files and tag information.
While i am all for trying something new, my main concern is that i've got over 3Tb on my MMW & i'm only using 45Gb on my MMA (or at least would be if it read my SD). So my concern would be on that sync time, but i'll just have to give it a go to find out how long it will take.

& while yes it is hard to hear that both MMW & MMA are still TBD on release dates, at least now i know not to expect anything. Which is better than not knowing. So thanXX for that. =)

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Sync speed would depend on connection speed (wifi slow, USB faster, USB-C fastest/high end device) and if any Auto-Conversion are required.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)