Crash on batch edit of Comments field

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

Crash on batch edit of Comments field

Post by MagGyver »

I'm on the latest 4.124 build and I am pretty sure I've accomplished this in the past.

I select multiple files in my browser (using the Location node) and right-click > Properties, then click the checkbox on Comments so the contents of all selected files is cleared. The Properties window disappears and the comments section appears to be wiped, but MM crashes at the end of the update, every time. Whether I select 2 files, or 10, or 100...the effect is the same. I am able to clear one file's comments at a time without crashing, but batch edits are consistently causing crashes.

Please advise? I really need this functionality as I rely heavily on my Comments section when I DJ.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Peke

Re: Crash on batch edit of Comments field

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try beta, we added several of fixes to multiple files edit.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Hi, I just downloaded and installed 4.1.25.1885 beta and I am still having the same issue. Shall I run the debug version? I don't remember what I do to get you the info after that.
Peke wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:06 pm Hi,
Try beta, we added several of fixes to multiple files edit.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Hi again Pavle,

I replied above a week ago...I know sometimes posts can get lost when you have so many to comment on...would you mind please letting me know how to use the debug version to sort this out, if that's the correct procedure? Thank you
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

You will see in my signature section a "how to report bugs" or similar ... go to that link and it will explain how to use the debug version with a routine called debugview (it is from Microsoft and the link in in the post). look at section 4b i think it is
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Ah! Yes, I see it now. So sorry for the redundant question. I will follow the guidelines. Thank you.
dtsig wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:30 am You will see in my signature section a "how to report bugs" or similar ... go to that link and it will explain how to use the debug version with a routine called debugview (it is from Microsoft and the link in in the post). look at section 4b i think it is
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Pavle, the instructions for how to send bug reports mentions that the debug version is bundled with each beta, but I am not using a beta. Should I still use the debug version that is provided for the latest beta, or is there a different debug version for v4.1.24? Sorry if this is silly to ask, but I want to be sure I do the steps correctly.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

use the debug version from the latest beta ... listed separately. should be here https://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaM ... _Debug.exe
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Debug versions of current release are available here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d and here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=3&t=69 However as you're on the latest beta it's better to use the debug version of the latest beta: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=3&t=341