Files to Edit - Out of Date Tags - What are they? [#15226][#15955] [#15980]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Davo

Files to Edit - Out of Date Tags - What are they? [#15226][#15955] [#15980]

Post by Davo »

When i check the "out of date" tags in MP3Tag they seem correct "ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3)"
David

Re: Files to Edit - Out of Date Tags - What are they?

Post by Ludek »

Hi, the node used to be name "Unsynchronized tags" in MM4 and was subsequently renamed to "Out-of-date tags" in course of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15226 (see the details there)

I re-opened the issue in order to re-review the wording (or add a tooltip) as by evidence it is still confusing what the node is for.
Actually it shows differences between metadata stored in the database (versus metadata stored in file tags).
Davo

Post by Davo »

Thanks Ludek. A report or log highlighting the particular out of sync metadata would be useful.
David

Post by Barry4679 »

Davo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:47 pm A report or log highlighting the particular out of sync metadata would be useful.
The situation is only detected when you open the node ... ie. opening the node triggers the "report", and the contents of the node are the report

The "report" could be more useful. ie cell tooltips showing which tags are mismatched, and displaying the two competing values.

I have only two tracks with mismatched tags. The report doesn't tell me anything other than there is a mismatch somewhere. ... ie. I suppose that it easy enough to go to each row, and then Ctrl+L to open the the AutoTag dbox for the track.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The report shows the fields that differs for me, in my case it is genre and mostly rating, see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e3od23prlgt8 ... 4.png?dl=0

So in you case it is just that the columns that differs needs scrolling (are on the right behind the NP list) ?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 am So in you case it is just that the columns that differs needs scrolling (are on the right behind the NP list) ?
Maybe ... Is too late here to look further, I will check tomorrow whether there was any hidden columns with hi-lite

The hi-lite cells have a tooltip to show track vs db values, like in auto-tag?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you saying that there is no color codes what metadata is unsynced like in MM4?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Davo

Post by Davo »

The "report" that i have just run lists about 500 files but only 4 of these were highlighted. So if the other 496 have no highlights how do i determine which tag(s) are affected and if the lack of highlight means the tags are in sync why were they listed in the report?
David

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure that you enabled all columns for the view?

I am not being able to replicate for me all were highlighted.
Best regards,
Peke
Davo

Post by Davo »

I have all columns in view for all the tags i use & even some I don't. There are no highlights. BTW is there a way to select "all columns" because i had to do each one seperately.
This report should tell me what the unsynced tags are. perhaps it's a tag i'm not aware of in which case how would i know which column to display?
David

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you create LOG file accessing the unsync tree node?

It will show what tracks are there and we will go from there, most likely we would need your MM.DB and few files to test with in Order to see hat is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Davo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:17 am BTW is there a way to select "all columns" because i had to do each one seperately.
Hi David, this is a button ... ie. is not a heading (yes, I agree that it is confusing :D )
  • click that button ... it opens a separate window
  • click one item in the left hand list
  • press Ctrl+A to select all items in the list
  • press the Add button ... this will add all columns to the "selected" list on the rhs
In my case, once all columns are displayed, every row has a hi-lite somewhere.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 am So in you case it is just that the columns that differs needs scrolling (are on the right behind the NP list) ?
Yes, once all columns are displayed, then every row has a hi-lite cell. Thanks.

Feed back:
A nice facility ... but it could be improved.

I now know that there a track vs database tag difference for the track ... but I don't know how they differ ... I can't judge which version I prefer.

Your Update Tags facility will overwrite all track tags with database values. ... I would want more information before doing this.

eg. like AutoTag ... AutoTag does something similar (ie. database vs Internet tag differences) ... the AutoTag tool tip allows me to see the two tag versions ... so I can make an informed choice.

[UPDATE] ... ignore this last paragraph ... I see the column now ... it didn't have the heading that I was expecting....Another thing ... why does the AutoTag (from Internet) facility exclude the track number tag? ... For album focused listeners, the track number is a meaningful thing. ... For Classical Music listeners, it is an essential thing.
Davo

Post by Davo »

Now that i know how to select "all columns" (Thank you Barry) I've rerun the report & i see that 95% of the errors are in the Comments tag. There are still a small number of files that have no highlights, so not sure why they're getting pulled into the report.
David

Post by Barry4679 »

Davo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:35 pm Now that i know how to select "all columns"
Maybe the Developers could keep a list of which columns have hi-lite information, and the auto-configure the display to include all of those columns?