Album List view? [#16239]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Album List view? [#16239]

Post by dtsig »

When I click the list icon it goes into a Album List view with artwork on left followed by summary, title etc.

But I can not play any of the songs ... i have to select the album artwork and play then all. is this what is expected?

I see you can drag and drop .. .but once you "highlight" a track with drag and drop how do you UNSELECT it? i find this mode a bit confusing
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Barry4679

Re: Album List view?

Post by Barry4679 »

dtsig wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm When I click the list icon it goes into a Album List view with artwork on left followed by summary, title etc.
But I can not play any of the songs ... i have to select the album artwork and play then all. is this what is expected?
I don't see this. You mean here? ... The row's context menu, and the hot key, allows you to play single, or selected, tracks.

dtsig wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm I see you can drag and drop .. .but once you "highlight" a track with drag and drop how do you UNSELECT it? i find this mode a bit confusing
It depends which "highlight" you are referring to. ... See here, I selected two tracks and asked for them to be played.
They are both highlighted, and one also has it font bolded ... the bolded track is the currently playing track.

Maybe you meant the bolded track ... You can't deselect that ... it changes automatically when the next track starts playing.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:48 pm
dtsig wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm When I click the list icon it goes into a Album List view with artwork on left followed by summary, title etc.
I don't see this. You mean here? ... The row's context menu, and the hot key, allows you to play single, or selected, tracks.
When i d&D the track from the list to now playing ... it becomes highlighted(selected). if it try to go to another track and rightclick/playnext it simply put the highlighted on the now playing list again. there is no way to unselect/unhighlight ... just be D&D another track.

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:48 pm
dtsig wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm I see you can drag and drop .. .but once you "highlight" a track with drag and drop how do you UNSELECT it? i find this mode a bit confusing
It depends which "highlight" you are referring to. ... See here, I selected two tracks and asked for them to be played.
They are both highlighted, and one also has it font bolded ... the bolded track is the currently playing track.

Maybe you meant the bolded track ... You can't deselect that ... it changes automatically when the next track starts playing.
no ... not bolded. Highlighted/selected. I have one that has been highlighted after D&D and 20-30 other tracks have played since. the only thing i can do is D&D another track ... or better yet not use this view

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqryfly5szmnv ... d.jpg?dl=0
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dtsig wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:23 pm no ... not bolded. Highlighted/selected. I have one that has been highlighted after D&D and 20-30 other tracks have played since. the only thing i can do is D&D another track ... or better yet not use this view

There must be something else involved, because I can't replicate.

If I D&D a selection of tracks to the Playing panel, the tracks in the main panel remain highlighted after the D&D ... which is what I would expect, because they remain to be the "selected" tracks in the main panel.

The highlight, in the main panel, is shifted as soon as I select a different track or group of tracks.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

and there in lies the problem. I am unable to 'select' another track. I have found a way to do it by pretending to D&D a track ... just a slight movement selects it.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Re: Album List view? SOLVED

Post by dtsig »

it turns out it depends on the width of the center panel ... if it is small (see artwork and part of the song title) i can not CLICK to select a single song. If the panel is wider .. clicking works
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I acknowledge that the problem exists, because I managed to trigger it once.

But I still think that some other condition is involved, because I can't trigger it again.

At the moment I have the centre panel at 70mm width. Most of that is the album art, and the Summary column. The only column is displayed is just 6mm wide, and I can change focus from track to track, without problem, after to a D&D.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

strange indeed ... i can not not make it happen except for the width of the middle panel. What skin are you using?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Material Design Dark
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I do see one strange thing, but it doesn't stop me being able to select and D&D any other track.

If I select a whole album, by clicking the album thumb, but don't do anything with it.

And then I click some unrelated track, and D&D it to the Playing panel. A track from the first album, that I did nothing with, remains marked by the UI as if it was selected, or something.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

interesting.
Album list view has columns starting with Artwork, Summary, Title, Artist. As mentioned with a reduced size of the central panel I can not select a track. As i move the mouse over the title names no rows highlight. BUT if i scroll the mouse up and down the Artwork and Summary columns the title rows do highlight and i can click to select a row. Just not on the rows itself.
I will play with the skin you are using ...
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

as an end I have created a screen capture of what is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfu8mrsrma2jk ... n.mp4?dl=0
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dtsig wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:52 pm interesting.
Album list view has columns starting with Artwork, Summary, Title, Artist. As mentioned with a reduced size of the central panel I can not select a track. As i move the mouse over the title names no rows highlight. BUT if i scroll the mouse up and down the Artwork and Summary columns the title rows do highlight and i can click to select a row. Just not on the rows itself.
I will play with the skin you are using ...
I did test with Album view in Album, and AlbumArtist, and Art nodes.
My panel size is small ... I don't suppose that yours is smaller than this? ... I can't get D&D to misbehave.

Sometimes I get the track's mouse hover expected behaviour ... right now I'm not, but it doesn't interfere with D&D behaviour.

It looks to me like they (MM Devs) may have hand built all the behaviour inside grids and lists ... ie. is not coming from the underlying platform.
I think this because I have seen many strange bugs that you wouldn't expect to see in a platform ... ie panels which forget to listen for a panel resize event, and they don't reclaim blank space until the panel is resized again ... and the bug seems based on chance, because I can't intentionally replicate it.

The problem when mouse hover behaviour dies may be another problem like that ... ie. I resize the main panel a tiny bit ... mouse hover starts working again ... I shrink the panel again, and I can't intentionally make mouse hover stop happening again.

ie. there is not much point trying to find replicable steps, because it is caused by some random timing situation; effectively like MM5 is busy doing X, at the exact same time that you finish doing Y ... so it it doesn't notice the change of state from action Y, and it so isn't listening for your new action Z.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dtsig wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 pm as an end I have created a screen capture of what is happening.
Interesting. I saw the mouse hover problem, but didn't notice you try and D&D a track to Now Playing ... is that what you were doing with the track Headline Murder?

I can trigger the no mouse hover behaviour easier now ... move the mouse around in circles quickly, covering multiple tracks, and stop quickly with mouse sitting over one track ... leave it for a second, and then move it up or now, more slowly ... usually mouse hover is dead. ... this indicates a timing issue to me ... MM has missed registering that the mouse is inside a track, and isn't watching to see when it leaves that track, which would start it looking for entry into another track. ... something like that.

Regardless of this, I can still drag and drop any other track to Now Playing .... you are clicking the new track, before try to drag to Now Playing?

Maybe you could try adjusting your Mouse Pointer speed to see if this makes any difference.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Will check mouse selection issue.

EDIT: Tracked as 16239.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643