Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

GREATLY Appreciated... Considering I just ordered a new laptop so I will have to reinstall MM this way I won't have to go through and mess with all the script files :) Just the Back Button one!
Legolas

Re: Batch Art Finder

Post by Legolas »

trixmoto wrote:
N.B. Don't forget to check out the variables at the top of the script file to make sure the settings are ok for you.

Lastly, enjoy! :)
Hi Trixmoto
What are the variable that I need to change and/or make sure are
okay for me. And what is okay for me? I tried searching the forums
but couldn't find any answer. You help will be appreciated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The default settings...

Code: Select all

Storage = 1
ImageSize = "medium"
FileMask = "<path>\<album>"
Extra = ""
However, you might not want these settings. I would recommend leaving Extra blank though.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Moved from another thread...
Legolas wrote:When I run the BAF initially I got some Active_X message that I ignored.
Then followed by the below three mesgs. (I cannot attach any files on
this forum!!)

Mesg 0 : Active_X mesg..
=====

Mesg 1:
=====
There was a problem querying the database:
HY000:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Object invalid or no longer set

Mesg 2:
=====
Error #-2146697211-msxml3.dll
The System cannot locate the resource specified

File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\BatchArtFinder.vbs", Line:446, Column: 2

Mesg 3:
=====
Error happened during script execution:
The system cannot locate the resource specified.

Any help is appreciated
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Msg0: Try following this advice - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ht=activex

Msg1: I'm currently investigating this problem (I don't get it, but other people do)

Msg2: You are missing the microsoft component used to download the images. You can download it directly from microsoft here.

Msg3: This is basically a summary message, confirming Msg2.
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hi trixmoto,
I've done all suggested (without opening IE options completely out of control and beyond my understanding).

But I still have the errors.

I'll wait for your next release and take it from there.

Thanks for your good work, I find MM easier to use and get more from it due to the generosity and work by you and your fellow script writers so I have no issue.

I bring the errors and comments to your attention as I believe you want to know and develop your work and knowledge further.

Best Regards

Allan

trixmoto wrote:Msg0: Try following this advice - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ht=activex

Msg1: I'm currently investigating this problem (I don't get it, but other people do)

Msg2: You are missing the microsoft component used to download the images. You can download it directly from microsoft here.

Allan
========================
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I am always keen to fix any bugs which are found. Hopefully the next version will fix your problems. Thanks for the feedback! :)
Legolas

Post by Legolas »

trixmoto wrote:Msg0: Try following this advice - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ht=activex

Okay the Regedit helped get rid off ActiveX mesg.
I have downloaded the XML parser component from the link you provided but
that didn't seem to have solved the problem :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The next version will use a different download component, so I wouldn't worry too much about this, if you can be patient. Other users have had similar problems, which is why I am using a different component, which will install itself automatically if you do not have it.

At the moment the script is almost ready for release, but I am still trying to fix the ODBC errors mentioned by Zachm019 and Jaegar. I cannot replicate the problem which makes it hard, but hopefully I can fix this soon.
RBasil

Post by RBasil »

trix,

Thanks for the update bro. I know the new version will be worth the wait. :)
---
Robert Basil
Fallen Heroes Car
A visible remembrance of our fallen heroes.
http://www.fallenheroescar.com
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available from my website! Fixes include...

- Use more reliable download method
- Allow user to select tracks to include in batch
- Added pause/resume button
- Added option sheet (settings stored in .ini file)
- Added option to set maximum albums per batch
- Added option to include non-album tracks

I recommend using the option to set maximum albums per batch, especially if you are including non-album tracks. Although theoretically the script can cope with an infinite number of albums, a large number will use a lot of memory and could cause performance issues.

N.B. The ODBC errors have been fixed. Thanks to Zachm019 for beta testing!

Also please note: This script automatically registers the MSInet component to download the images if it is not registered on your computer.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Ok a few comments:

- The options are very nice, but it seems that it's missing the option to save to both tag and file.

- it seems very cpu intensive during the image search queue... I had approx 1400 albums queued out of 4000 total (will try smaller batch later)

- I suggest that the 'try again' link, should be renamed to 'try next image', because try again to me implies that the same image is reloaded.

- the window may be better suited to a dockable window that you can show/hide (via the "view" menu possibly), as the current window is always on top.. and well I personally don't really want it visable until its done processing and I can scroll the results. It obstructs my work apps because of the always on top thing.

- you may want to align the buttons to the left side of the window, if the window is resized the buttons stay in the same position. also, if you are processing a large number then the text overflows underneath the buttons.

- perhaps a toolbar button would be really convenient, especially when running smaller batches to keep resources down

- when I clicked "remove" link, I got a script error: line 3, char 3, activex component can't create object 'songsdb.sdbapplication', code 0, url: about:blank

- if you have alot of live/bootleg/obscure albums that can't find album art, they very quickly end taking queue spots as 'no results' on repeated processing... not sure if its possible, but marking these files or adding a default image might help keep them from filling up the batch and repeated processing.

I just tried with the batch size set to 20 and its much less cpu intensive and processed a lot faster, but the window/always on top is still agravating.

Other than all that, it seems to work wonderfully! Thanks for all your efforts! :D

(hopefully all that does not come across as too critical, it works very slick with smaller batches, I'm up to 200 so far working well)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Firstly, thank you as always for your feedback! :)

1. Do people do this? I can add it, but it never occurred to me someone would want to.

2. There is a warning in the release post that it is very processor intensive with a large batch.

3. Easily fixed!

4. I thought about this, but with it being so processor intensive I thought a dockable panel might not be wise. If I don't make it stay-on-top then it gets lost behind MM if you minimise it and it can be hard to find it again. Do other people think this should be a dockable panel?

5. I removed the form resize event accidently when I was making form changes. I will add this back in to fix these problems.

6. I might make an option to add a toolbar button. I'm worried that all my scripts seem to be getting them now and I don't want to clog up the toolbars.

7. This is an activex security warning, but the looks of it.

8. I've been wondering how to deal with a "block list". Hopefully something along these lines will appear in a future version.

Lastly, thank you as always for your feedback! :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Something to think about:

Using a dockable window (that I assume most would have undocked, but I would dock it and temporarily hide monkeyrok window), it might be possible to add buttons that control the scanning, queueing, saving.

This might allow for the following:

- Be able to process all albums once and remember (until rescanned) which albums are 'no results' or 'skipped'. allow for a 'scan now' button

- Provide the pause/resume search button (already provided)

- allow for a 'process next batch' button, which would continue from the point that the last batch stopped scanning from (assuming the user has set a batch limit). this should aleviate the 'no results' and 'skipped' albums (until the next rescan).

- save un-saved albums button, similar to the current save all, but would not re-write images that are already saved and would let the window remain open since the scan/queue/view can be going independently.

- basically the window could/would be open the whole time, the user could scan/queue/view/save independently from each other

The above suggestions changes the paradigm slightly, from a run/process/queue/save linear script, to where each step can be independent from the other.

Hope that makes sense or is useful to consider.

edit: also, I would suggest a default batch size of 100-200 dependant on other folks feedback, otherwise I forsee alot of people who try to process huge librarys in one go and end up overloading MM and/or their computer resources.
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

Glad to be of assistance :)

Another idea I got from reading these is have it save to the tag instead of a file :) Or maybe a seperate program for those that want to take all album art files and apply it to the tag and get rid of the file. When I want to right click on my music folder to get an idea of how many songs I have its thrown off alot by all the album art.