Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, the new link link is http://trixmoto.net/files/XZip.dll. Of course, if you downloaded the installer from my website, this includes all the files necessary. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cherryplinth

XZip.dll problelm

Post by cherryplinth »

I get the same error message Teknojnky described in his Jan 31 note when I try to create an archive file:

"Error #429 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
ActiveX Component can't create object: 'XStandard.Zip'
File: "C:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\backup.vbs", Line 260, Column 8"

I followed your suggestion to Teknojnky and tried running "regsvr32 %windir%\XZip.dll" from the RUN line. As soon as I hit the OK button I get the following Windows error message:

"Load Library ("C:\WINDOWS\XZip.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found."

Do I need to try a different command entry to indicate that the XZip.dll file is in the MM\scripts directory? I am running BackUp Ver 2.3 and I do have the XZip.dll file in my Scripts directory. Thanks.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Yes, you have to specify the correct path to the dll.

either put the xzip dll in your window folder, or change the path of the regsvr command to the path of the dll.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:
judas wrote:(now back to baghdatis and nalbandian)
Who/Where/What?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

judas wrote:Lol...australian open mens singles semifinals...Now its 5-5 second set :-)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available from my website!

This version will automatically install the zip component if you do not have it, and you've checked the zip option. This version knows (instead of guessing) your MDB and INI location! It also runs as a background process which means you can backup without your music going blocky.

The main new feature is the option to automatically backup each time you start MM. This is useful for lazy people like me who forget to run it manually! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks trix! I'm lazy too...
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Just as a word of note, if you use browse by art (and you should be!) then your backup might be alot larger (and take longer to backup) than you expected due to the browse by art cache being stored as a subfolder of autoscripts.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, if you select the Scripts folder, this is certainly true. Personally I have done one full backup with includes my Scripts folder (including BrowseByArt cached images) and have my auto-backup just doing my MDB+INI files, which is much quicker. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.1) now restores the Scripts folder correctly. It appears it didn't before! :oops:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Trixi, this may sound stupid but how do i restore my backup with the restore script?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Double click on the script, or open with "Microsoft Script Host" if this is not your default Open option.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
Right click and open with "Microsoft Script Host" did the trick.

/Bex

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) allows the user to specify the delay before the auto backup starts. This means you have time to verify that MediaMonkey has opened correctly before it starts backing up the current setup.

There is also the option to check the database is at least 1Mb in size. When MM creates a new database this is approximately 800kb, so anything less than 1Mb normally means your database has been mislaid, so you don't want to backup the empty one!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

an idea for future versions..

time stamped backup zip files

this way you don't have to worry about overwriting an old (but good) backup.

of course you will have to decide to let the user clean up the old backup files or to provide some way for the script to do it.

My suggestion is to keep backups for the last (up to) 10 and overwrite the oldest.

My database is nearing 200 megs with my backup file around 50 megs, so it should probably be configurable how many backups should be stored (if you go this route).