iPod loses album art everytime content is added to Library

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Strange-1

iPod loses album art everytime content is added to Library

Post by Strange-1 »

I have a 60gb iPod photo, and it works great with MediaMonkey, with one exception...

Whenever I add a new album to my Library and sync the iPod, all the album art on the entire iPod disappears. The only way to get the album art back is to delete all content from the iPod, then re-sync.

Normally, that wouldn't be a problem. But I've got 40gb of content, and it takes around 2 hours to re-load. And I have to do this EVERYTIME I add new content to the Library.

The Library album art still displays properly. It's only on the iPod that the album art disappears.

Anybody have any ideas?
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sorry, I don't have a solution, but I can say that it isn't a iPod problem only.
Strange-1

Post by Strange-1 »

Wow. Didn't realize it was that much of a problem.

It is a very irritating problem, but now the question is: Is the problem irritating enough to make me go back to iTunes, which doesn't have this album art problem.

Tough call, but iTunes sucks compared to MM.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well let's just hope that the programmers of MM read these forums...
jiri

Post by jiri »

These feature normally really _do_ work, in case you find some problem, we need more information from you, at least a debug log, best of all with some simplified scenario (as few tracks as possible), in case of iPod also content of iPod data folders (see other threads here about it).

Jiri
Strange-1

Post by Strange-1 »

How do I setup a debug log for MediaMonkey?

And of course, the problem's not going to happen when I want it to. :-) I added an album to my Library yesterday, sync'd the iPod, and all the album art was still there.
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi,

I use MediaMonkey 2.5.5.980 together with an iPod Photo 40 GB.
Sometimes after synching I find some songs on the iPod that have no album art, although the original song (still) has album art.
I can't seem to find a correlation of when album art misses for which song.

I thought that this was a problem with my iPod, since it sometimes randomly 'freezes' after which you have to reset the iPod. However, when reading some posts I thought this could be the same thing.

sorry, no debug log -

charlieMOGUL