Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, these things are now on my to do list.

To remove the compression in the meantime you can find the "ConvertFormat" call and replace 85 with 100.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Trix! FLAC 1.1.3 now allows embeded artwork. Think you could intergrate this into your script?

http://flac.cvs.sourceforge.net/checkou ... gelog.html
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think I need to wait for MM to implement it first! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Hexland

Post by Hexland »

I currently have my entire collection stored as FLAC. I have been tagging using Media Monkey, and downloading Album Art from Amazon using the Auto-Tag From Amazon option in MM.

My music is stored on the drive as
Music\<album artist>\<album>\<track#:2> - <title>
The art tagging from Amazon results in a JPG downloaded into the folder
Music\<album artist>\<album>\<album>.jpg
However, I'd like to go through all of my tracks, and convert the art tag to
Music\<album artist>\<album>\folder.jpg
for compatibility with WMP and XBMC.

I tried the Art Tagger script from your site because I think it should do what I want (in two passes)

1. Extract from Tag to Mask -> <album>\folder
(this seems to work... it creates a new folder.jpg as a copy of the .jpg thats referenced in the FLAC track)

2. Embed from MASK to Tag -> <album>\folder
This one doesn't work. Although the link to the new art (folder.jpg) is embedded into the FLAC tag - the old reference to <album>.jpg is still left in the tag. I'm assuming this is a bug, since the new reference that your script has added has a description of '#=1' - which looks suspiciously like a parameter that should have been passed to MM.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks

Dave
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, the "#=1" is a debug message I forgot to take out before I released the latest version.

This script does not move the images, it only copies images. If you wish to move the artwork and only have the new copy, you need to do three passes.

1) Extract from Tag to Mask -> <album>\folder
2) Remove artwork (delete from tag) [process 3]
3) Embed from MASK to Tag -> <album>\folder
Hexland

Post by Hexland »

ah... I missed that middle step. Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It gives the user more flexibility that way! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.1) has a couple of bugs fixed, and a few new settings. Changes include...

- Removed debug message put into image description field
- Fixed bug when track is not in the database
- Added list of image types to embed
- Added option to specify quality value
- Added option to delete from tag when extracting artwork

As always, your feedback (positive or constructively negative) is always appreciated! :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

An idea. You have a "Preview Window" scripted into this, which allows you to see what will be done, but that's pretty much the only function it serves. I'd suggest (pending difficulty/possibility in scripting it, and overall need) to add more of a "Confirmation" to the current confirmation window.

What I mean is, if someone does something in batch, like export the art for instance, the window will show what will be created, what'll make a duplicate, etc. But what can someone do if they see something that would result in something they don't desire? Not much, just cancel and start from square one, while trying their best to leave out those that would result in the undesired task.

So, how about a system similar to MM's when it comes to Tagging, Renaming, etc. Be able to uncheck one of the tasks, allowing the others to be carried out as you want, while leaving the undesired task undone. This would prevent from having to cancel out and try again.

This would also help solve my problem, since when I extract to folder.jpg so I get the covers in Thumbail view in Windows, I don't have a folder littered with Backs, CD's, Leaflets, etc. I could simply uncheck the folder1.jpg, folder2.jpg etc and get exactly what I'm wanting out of the deal.

Thoughts? Is it really a desired/needed feature apart from me. Is it even possible? Just throwing the idea out there. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I can think of doing it one way, but I'm not sure if it'll be 100% reliable so I'll give it a go and see what I can do. It certainly sounds like a good idea.
subway

Post by subway »

This is a great script, but I have a few questions.

When I extract the artwork from a file and save it, the extracted .jpg is much larger that the original. The original file is 500x500 and 39KB. I then Embed it into the mp3 file, and MM shows it as stored in the tag and it's 500x500 and 39KB. But when I extract the artwork, it is 500x500, but the file size is 119KB.

Why does it get bigger? I have the setting set at 100% when extracting.

Also, When I select a lot of files to embed with the artwork (some of the files may already have the artwork embedded), and use the script to embed the art, the files with art already embedded end up with 2 copies embedded. Shouldn't it just skip over or replace the existing art instead of embedding a second copy?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't know why the filesize changes. Presumably it's the way that the image is stored inside the track, as opposed to when it's an individual file.

This script doesn't know if the image you are copying is the same as the one that's already in there. The next version will have checkboxes on the confirmation screen so you'll be able to ignore these tracks though.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available from my website. It has a checkbox next to each track on the confirmation screen, so you can choose which ones are updated.
subway

Post by subway »

I took the extracted artwork (119KB) and embedded that into the file and then re-extracted it and it also got bigger...but not by much - it's now 125KB. I then took the 125KB file and embedded it and then extracted it and it's now 127KB.

So the original folder.jpg file was 39KB, extracting it made it 119KB, then re-embedding it and re-extracting it made it 125KB. Then doing it again made it 127KB. So each time it seems to get a little larger. But the first time it's the worst, the file size grew 3X as large as the original.

I installed one of the magic nodes for covers so I can easily select just the files that do not have the covers installed.

I'm new to MM. After spending the last few weeks trying out different music management software, MM seems to be the best. I slight learning curve (as with any software), but extremely powerful in it's functions and expandability using add-ons. I'm testing out all of the functions, scripts, and add-ons on backup files, before I actually load my 35,000+ files into MM. I'm glad I'm testing it on backup files, because I already screwed up some of the tags using another script.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I just noticed that you have a Quality option/function for when you export your artwork, but there's no option for a Size reduction type of process for when you import and image. Would this be possible to implement? Say, you could set it at 200x200 and then when it goes to import them, if it's at or below then it just embeds and moves on, but if it's over (IE 400x400) then it shrinks it to the set demension.

Thoughts? (forgive me if this has been discussed, been a long minute since I've read this thread through)