PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Blake

Post by Blake »

Is it possible to change the browser that pretty pictures uses, because IE says that i dont have flash and firefox works perfectly well, i have tried to install flash again several times now and there was no change.
Peke

Post by Peke »

You need to open Web page with Flash9 Animation in IE so that IE automatically DL Flash Plugin.

Try on Adobe/Macromedia Site.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Blake

Post by Blake »

Thanks, i'll try it
will

Visual Settings

Post by will »

Thanks for the navigation info, its the best!
After your worries with copying iTunes's software ideas, I think they will be copying yours! I'd avoided mouse scrolling because mine was set to about 25 lines and was therefore terribly fast, but experimenting with the coefficient and its very smooth now.

I thought I'd post my visual settings.ini! (just maximum)
I'd definately be interested in anyone elses.

For my Visual Settings, I mainly changed the additive variables for rotation, scale and position to give the impression of a wheel of discs, and tweaked the scale and position then. It was slow for a while before I realised I had mistakenly put 28 in the "number of items either side of centre" when messing with it. Its smoother than sin with only 6 either side! I think anyone trying to reduce delay should use less images and then increase spacing.

C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\PrettyPictures\Cache\_Settings_Visual-Max.ini

Code: Select all

Worm_sliderWidth=152
&ORIGspeedFG=2
&ORIGspeedFGscale=1.99
&ORIGspeedFGrot=2
&ORIGspeedBGmove=3.97
&ORIGspeedBGscale=2.35
&ORIGspeedBGrot=3.97
&wormAmount=0
&yFGoffset=0
&centreSpace=-0.28
&rotFG=0
&rotFGrand=0
&scaleFG=240
&scaleFGrand=0
&yBGoffset=-64
&yBGrand=0
&yBGadd=32
&coverSpace=-0.48
&shadowFGdepth=0
&alphaFG=100
&shadeDepth=0
&shadowBGdepth=0
&shadowBGadd=0
&fadeOutalpha=0
&rotBG=0
&rotBGrand=0
&rotBGadd=8
&scaleBG=0.94
&scaleBGrand=0
&scaleBGadd=-32
&Persp=0
&scrollSpeed=1
&preloadNum=6
&clickHoldDelay=8
&doubleClickSpeed=5
&minGesture=50
&mWheelDivider=9
&scaleHmin=1
&scrollSpeedVariation=false
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

I am geting the message this script is taking too long.

I aborted it and then started MM again, but it never came back. It did work the first time I used it. But the second time I started MM never again. My now playing list was only 20 songs, but my album are about 850
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

OK. Rereading my post tells me to lay off the coffee after 8 PM.

I did a little bit of debugging and can still get the same error after I deleted the script and reinstalled it.

I installed 0.51 and it seemded to work fine with the stock settings, but would only show the album selected as a picture. The center one. All the other where blank- with the black words.

When I copy over the settings from your web site, is when things go bad... Also when you bring up the setting screen for flash player, it is in some sort of loop with it jsut runing through the settings over and over.

Hopes this helps some more.

/Jeff

Post by Guest »

kazadharri wrote:I installed 0.51 and it seemded to work fine with the stock settings, but would only show the album selected as a picture. The center one. All the other where blank- with the black words.
the only time I can imagine that happening (and know that it does) is when you click on a node and the albums appear.. then you cache pretty pictures by pressing one of hte buttons... but you don't change nodes...
This means that PP has refreshed the albums based on not having artwork and then the artwork is cached so when an album hits the middle it succeeds in loading hte artwork.... but it still assumes that there is no artwork if the album is not in the middle...

solution.. just click on a new tree node after caching and then click back on the node you want to look at.
kazadharri wrote:When I copy over the settings from your web site, is when things go bad... Also when you bring up the setting screen for flash player, it is in some sort of loop with it jsut runing through the settings over and over.
to bring up the settings... are you clicking "visual options" or "settings"?? because "settings" has nothing to to with Pretty Pictures.. it is settings for flash.

when you copy the visual options files into the directoy.... is that when you start getting the "flash is taking too long" message? or does it happen before that as well? - or ONLY after that?

what version of hte flash player have you got (simply right click on Pretty Pictures and it should say down the bottom)

Lastly... if you're going to "Visual Options" and it's screwing up.. is this after you've downloaded the visual options from my site or does it also do this before those files were present? (to test... delete those files and restart MM)

thanks,
Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

sorry.. that was me
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

This means that PP has refreshed the albums based on not having artwork and then the artwork is cached so when an album hits the middle it succeeds in loading hte artwork.... but it still assumes that there is no artwork if the album is not in the middle...

solution.. just click on a new tree node after caching and then click back on the node you want to look at.
I'll try this later tonight and see if that works.
to bring up the settings... are you clicking "visual options" or "settings"?? because "settings" has nothing to to with Pretty Pictures.. it is settings for flash.

when you copy the visual options files into the directoy.... is that when you start getting the "flash is taking too long" message? or does it happen before that as well? - or ONLY after that?
I know this has nothing to do with pretty pictures, but I noticed it when I got the "taking too long" message, that this is what was happening. So it might be something PP is doing which is causing it to effect the Flash Player. Just a thought...

what version of hte flash player have you got (simply right click on Pretty Pictures and it should say down the bottom)
I am running Flash player 9.0, ie.. the latest version as I just upgraded a day or so ago.
Lastly... if you're going to "Visual Options" and it's screwing up.. is this after you've downloaded the visual options from my site or does it also do this before those files were present? (to test... delete those files and restart MM)
Before I downloaded the the options it worked, once. After I downloaded the options it stoped working, even after I went back and put the original visual settings back in. Should I delete the cached jpg's?

Also on the intial launch of it, should I use the cache button, or just switch to another node?

/Jeff

Post by Guest »

first a big compliment for this fine work.
second a suggestion : a behaviour like in I-Tunes : when you click on an Album Art the Tracklist scolls to that Album.

Thanks for that Script and merry x-mas
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

This is an interesting GUI.
I don't play my music
Would it be possible to use a Custom filed to store a "category" field, and if you create an image for each category it then works the same way?
You could do the same with Genre, and then give the user the ability to select by Album, Category, and Genre.
Hang on, what about a Playlist option? The user creates an image for each playlist, and then this gives you the option of cycling through your playlists.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Anonymous wrote:second a suggestion : a behaviour like in I-Tunes : when you click on an Album Art the Tracklist scolls to that Album.
I would prefer to actually hide all the tracks that aren't in that album (so it's showing you the tracks)... but currently neither is possible in Mediamonkey.

Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

kazadharri wrote:Before I downloaded the the options it worked, once. After I downloaded the options it stoped working, even after I went back and put the original visual settings back in. Should I delete the cached jpg's?
I suspect that the issue is cause by loading the settings in... so if you delete the .ini files it should get rid of the problem.

you don't need to delete the jpgs... and you possibly don't need to delete the GLOBAL ini file.
kazadharri wrote:Also on the intial launch of it, should I use the cache button, or just switch to another node?
if the jpgs exist already then you don't need to cache... just try switching nodes.

Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

MeMeMe wrote:I don't play my music
Would it be possible to use a Custom filed to store a "category" field, and if you create an image for each category it then works the same way?
You could do the same with Genre, and then give the user the ability to select by Album, Category, and Genre.
Hang on, what about a Playlist option? The user creates an image for each playlist, and then this gives you the option of cycling through your playlists.
I assume you mean you don't play your music by albums.
Thanks for your creative thinking, but I don't imagine it would be easy to decide on an image for genre's or playlists... and the best image would be just the name itself in most cases... in which case.. the tree menu is right at your finger tips so this doesn't really give an advantage (apart from being visually interesting).
It's not an area I would want to extend this script into... and the script is a fair way off being complete enough to start thinking of other functionality like that...
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Thanks,
Got it to work last night with the stock settings. Of course after using it a while I wonder what to do with the now playing list, the main list, detailed song view. Too many choices... :-)