PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

kazadharri wrote:Of course after using it a while I wonder what to do with the now playing list, the main list, detailed song view. Too many choices... :-)
not sure what you mean by that but I think it's a compliment..lol

anyway.. just wanted to let you know that if you go into visual options again as soon as you click the close button the ini files will be saved again and that problem will probably return.... so until I get the chance to fix it, you'll need to steer clear.

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
charlieMOGUL

automatic (un)installer

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Dale,

Is it possible that the script installer looks for a previous version and removes the old version before installing ?

After installing v0.50 and v0.51 I have now two entries in the Add or Remove Software control panel. However, when I uninstall v0.50 it uninstalls v0.51 as well.

Thanks in advance,

charlieMOGUL
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

thanks Charlie.. I didn't realise it did that... I'll see what I can do about it.

Dale.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Anonymous wrote:first a big compliment for this fine work.
second a suggestion : a behaviour like in I-Tunes : when you click on an Album Art the Tracklist scolls to that Album.

Thanks for that Script and merry x-mas
I second that, for example when a song is played PrettyPictures automatically scrolls to the album cover that track is on. For me that completely eliminate the need for MediaMonkey's Album Art viewer allowing me to have more space.

Great script by the way :wink:
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I will need to deal with the memory issues first before anything else as they're pretty severe... however, this is how I envisage those suggestions and related ideas working:
when a node is clicked on and PrettyPictures refreshes, if the currently playing album is present then PrettyPictures starts on that album. If not, it starts at the centre album like it does currently.

when MM changes to the next track, PP will only scroll to the new playing album cover IF the mouse is not currently within PP (so it doesn't interupt you if you're doing something).

if you click on a file in the track list.. PP scrolls to that album cover.
Dale.
charlieMOGUL

Unicode support

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Dale,

Once again, thanks for your plugin - in the form of feedback (c;

It seems that Pretty Pictures doesn't have Unicode support and/or doesn't escape special characters.
When looking at albums without album art (so that the title and artist is shown in the album box) that contain unicode characters (eg. Björk, Muzsikás & Márta Sebestyén), the title is incorrectly displayed.

charlieMOGUL
G.I.

Re: Unicode support

Post by G.I. »

charlieMOGUL wrote:Hi Dale,

Once again, thanks for your plugin - in the form of feedback (c;

It seems that Pretty Pictures doesn't have Unicode support and/or doesn't escape special characters.
When looking at albums without album art (so that the title and artist is shown in the album box) that contain unicode characters (eg. Björk, Muzsikás & Márta Sebestyén), the title is incorrectly displayed.

charlieMOGUL
This is something I would really like to have fixed, because it annoys me that much, that I am not using it anymore at the moment ... plus the memory thing...

I have had it that I saw my memory going up and up, while not doing a thing at some point ... it just ate all my memory ... when I started MM again and turned off PP ... and started again it didn't do that anymore, so that's another thing why I am not using it at the moment. Also has my machine only 512Mb RAM, so not that much ...
eultonio

no art at all

Post by eultonio »

The cover panel work just fine but there is no art display, just names...Althought there is album arts embedded in my tags (MM show them).
I must have done something wrong...

Any help could be appreciated.

Thanks

OK my mistake i didn't use the Cache buttons...

Thanks for this great script !!!!
will

Post by will »

I feel sorry for you being so stuck with memory leaks, optimising code is hard work.

feature possibilty: Could a variable be introduced for a delay in milliseconds after clicking a node before showing the albums?
I'm double clicking a "played often" node, waiting to load, and then clicking a node inside that, waiting a while, then clicking a genre node, to get the list I'd like to scroll through.

Ideally, run the pretty pictures code with lower priority, or make the loop wait while loading to see if it needs to start again with another node.

In VB, theres a function that should be put into any loop that takes longer than a second or so, which waits for other events, and processes those before returning to the loop. That way while its busy doing something, you don't fully lose control of the program. I sadly know nothing of any action script or anything that does the same thing.

Regardless of this, I can't get enough of this, so thanks a lot!
Don't spend christmas worrying about memory leaks!
Pat_McRotch

Post by Pat_McRotch »

I cannot get this to work. I have Flash Player 9. The latest IE 6 (not getting 7 unless I'm forced to)

When I open PP i get this. Error 1 I say "Yes" and am left with a non-responsive PP window, seen here. The cursor will change to a hand over "contacts" and the 2 little boxes but that is it. I cant even get the right-click options to work.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Pat_McRotch
It Looks that soon you will be forced to Use it. Windows update warned me that I still didn't update to IE7 and could be suffered to risk of attacks and possible vulnerability :( Maybe I'll see how it acts on MM 3.0.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Pat_McRotch

Post by Pat_McRotch »

Well, I may be forced to install it but I'm not gonna use it. Firefox all the way baby!
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Pat_McRotch
Amen
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mgrohan

Post by mgrohan »

Thanks so much for this great mod! Looks great!

A little bit slow on my computer, but that;s always the trade-off between eye candy and functionality/usability i guess..

Post by Guest »

Thank you for this script. It looks very nice!