PrettyPictures (Album Art Browser) [MM 3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

good pick up FadeToBolivia, you're right.. it's a bug.

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
thom0522

Says I Don't have current flash player

Post by thom0522 »

This is a great script and is one of the reason I started using MM about a month ago. However, when I start MM, PP always says I need to upgrade my flash player and then gives an option to bypass detection. I have PP v0.51, Flash player 9,0,28,0 and IE7. I know someone brought up this problem before but I couldn't find an answer in the postings. Is this something I wll just have to live with or is there a problem with something on my computer? I appreciate any help. Thanks :-?
Pat_McRotch

Post by Pat_McRotch »

Well, it is "working" for me. Only, it will not show any art. I assume it isn't cache-ing. I read it as "click the one of the yellow buttons to cache". This does not seem to do anything. I let it sit over night thinking it took a long time to cache. Nothing.

Also, would it matter that all of my art is saved to the tag. None of it is in the folders (hidden or not). I would not think that would matter. I think you answered that before but I was not clear.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

All my art is in the tags and I've not a had a problem. :-?
thom0522

Post by thom0522 »

I thought I better clarify my post. Once I click on by-pass detection everything works fine. I just wondered if everybody was having to do this when MM first started up? After that everything works fine until I shut down MM. When I restart it, PP says it can't detect the flash play and to click bypass if it is installed.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

thom0522 wrote:I thought I better clarify my post. Once I click on by-pass detection everything works fine. I just wondered if everybody was having to do this when MM first started up? After that everything works fine until I shut down MM. When I restart it, PP says it can't detect the flash play and to click bypass if it is installed.
in autos/prettypictures.vbs, there's a line that reads:

Code: Select all

HtmlPnl.Interf.Navigate path &"FlashPage.html" 'what html file to load
(sorry.. can't give you the line number because I've only got notepad atm...

do a search for that and replace it with:

Code: Select all

HtmlPnl.Interf.Navigate path &"FlashPage.html?detectflash=false" 'what html file to load
that should mean it automatically bypasses the detection for you...
however.. I would supsect that it might be an issue between 'what' browser the plugin is installed in... not sure.. but are you running any others?

at any rate.. that should work for you.

Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Pat_McRotch wrote:Well, it is "working" for me. Only, it will not show any art. I assume it isn't cache-ing. I read it as "click the one of the yellow buttons to cache". This does not seem to do anything. I let it sit over night thinking it took a long time to cache. Nothing.

Also, would it matter that all of my art is saved to the tag. None of it is in the folders (hidden or not). I would not think that would matter. I think you answered that before but I was not clear.
sorry, not sure what's going on here... you're right.. one of hte yellow buttons with a blue plus sign on it... but as soon as you click it a progress bar should appear at the bottom of media monkey indicating it is doing it.

can you tell me what version of mediamonkey you are running?

also look in you auto/prettypictures directory in the medimonkey folder and tell me if a directory called cached or caching appears and if it's got anything inside it.

Dale.
Pat_McRotch

Post by Pat_McRotch »

DaledeSilva wrote:
can you tell me what version of mediamonkey you are running?
When I posted that is was 2.5.3. I just updated to 2.5.4. The same thing is happening.
DaledeSilva wrote: also look in you auto/prettypictures directory in the medimonkey folder and tell me if a directory called cached or caching appears and if it's got anything inside it.
Yeah it is being created. I am assuming the "_curAlbums.xml" is the cache? With 960 albums, shouldn't that be larger than 260 bytes? So there is that file and "_Settings_Global.ini"

Another thing, about the yellow buttons. I have never seen a blue plus sign. And after pressing the yellow buttons for the fist time after a re-intall of PP (I've done this a few times now) I never get a progress bar.

I just end up with this...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

just above and to the left of the vertical "Pretty Pictures" title bar are two buttons.. they are yellow and in your screenshot they do have a blue plus sign on them. are these the buttons your pressing..? - if you hove over them it should say "cache pretty pictures" or quick cache.

if "_curAlbums.xml" is all that's being created, it is not caching at all.. that directory should also have "_cachedAlbums.xml" and a lots of .jpg files... it may also have .ini files if you've changed the visual settings.

Dale.
thom0522

Post by thom0522 »

DaledeSilva, thanks for the quick response. I changed that line of code and PP startup without that dialogue and ran perfectly. You asked about the browsers I use. I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 for almost everything and the flash player works fine in this. I have IE7 installed but I only use this if going to a microsoft site. When I went to the adobe flash player site using both browsers it said that version 9.0.28 was installed. I didn't have this problem until Secunia, a site that checks for security updates said I needed to update my flash player. When I updated to 9.0.28, that is when the problems started. But like I said PP is working great now. Thanks so much. :D
Pat_McRotch

Post by Pat_McRotch »

Wow, I am sorry. I was looking in the PP window its self. I did not even notice that tool bar. Sheesh, that was silly. :roll:
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

glad you worked it out... I guess you were switching on the auto-expand / contract settings as those are the yellow check boxes in the PP window...

hope it's working for you now. :)

Dale.
onthuhlist

Caching did it

Post by onthuhlist »

Caching caused the images to show. I can't believe that the Pretty Pictures script cannot automatically do this up front, or at least prompt the user that this needs to be done. This needs to be shored up.
kraymer

have no images

Post by kraymer »

Hello,

2 hours that i try to make this script run :) Looks terrific though

-I 'm gone to the adobe website with IE6 and have installed the last version of flash player.
- Have enabled "Active X acceptance" in IE settings and via regedit.exe
- Modified the line "HtmlPnl.Interf.Navigate path &"Flash ..." in prettypictures.vbs as described above
- clicked on the "quick cache pretty pictures button"

Every time i start mediamonkey i have an error dialog "Error executing script event" (pretty pic. is the one and only script installed) and all that i can see is white squares with albums names in it.

Any suggestions ? Thx in advance
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Try the button to the right of the Quick Cache button.