[New Skin] SoftBlue

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Steegy

[New Skin] SoftBlue

Post by Steegy »

Hi

This is my second official MM skin, called "SoftBlue".

Screenshot of version 1.0.2:

Download here (version 1.0.4 - 2007-01-02, improved (and darker) player skin)

Or the displayed v1.0.2 (version 1.0.2 - 2006-12-30, first version of the player skin)

To do:
- panel: create resizing handles

I hope to make some variations on this skin (e.g. SoftWhite, SoftBlack, SoftGray, SoftDarkBlue, SoftDarkRed, ...) once this one is finished (enough).

Hope you like it :)
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I do like it, but why only 3 buttons in the top right hand corner?
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Highlighted tracks within playlists don't show the actual highlighting :(
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'll answer the three button question for steegy. :)

it is because he used a skin for a templete that only had 3 buttons.

not many have more then that some do but most only use the skins with 3 buttons for templetes. 8)

not sure why the highlighted text is not working right? he must have missed the right text to adjust that or something in the windows os is messing with that text. :-? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

All I'll say for now is that the script does need some more work. I posted the skin because then "part I" is finished (make the skin in one day and see what people think of it...).

About the 3 buttons: that's Windows default and 3 seem enough to me. What extra button would you like? You can minimize-to-tray using the close button, if you set this in the MM options...

I do have some trouble with the colors:

Code: Select all

[TrackList]
OddColor=0xffffff
EvenColor=0xf8fafc

[NPList]
OddColor=0xffffff
EvenColor=0xf8fafc
aren't the colors they should be (0xf8fafc = 0x00f8fafc = lightblue, but is not shown correctly (lightgray)).
But highlighting does work, the colors are just not what I want them to be.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can't try the skin at this moment but I like the screenshot a lot. This looks very nice.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you making the skins with code's steegy?

i thought you were chainging images on other skins with the theme skin engine?

brave man so you are to do all that coding.?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'll check out the skin later, but the screenshot looks pretty good!

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@RovingCowboy: The code I posted is only for the Fonts.ini file of the skin. Obviously I use the Theme Editor to make the whole theme. The player skin was made without editing program.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Nice skin Steegy!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hi Steegy,
Got the skin and I love it. It looks so nice.

Some things as suggestion:
- I too would like the minimize to tray fourth button (no I prefer not to use the close button for that).
- Player text probably could be a bit more contrasting to the player background.
- It seems that a background for the explorer tree is missing as I have a windows default non white background. A white or lightblue background probably would be nice.
- And please, please create a SoftBlue skin for MonkeyRok.

And thanks again.
Morten

Post by Morten »

As I've said to you before; This skin is very subtle, yet very nice!
richardhill

Post by richardhill »

This is an absolute work of beauty, and exactly what my MM needed! Thanks muchly. :D
fareal

Post by fareal »

i like it, except why is my music explorer tree a pinkish tone with music notes in the background and on your screenshot it is white?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@fareal: Make sure that you haven't chosen to override the skin's backgrounds: uncheck "Override skin backgrounds" in menu Tools > Options... > Appearance > Skins.

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

@Lowlander: now I have no time to make changes, but you can easily override the missing tree background with your own bitmap (e.g. just white color), for now.