Player Ratings Synchronization features question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

charlieMOGUL

Player Ratings Synchronization features question

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi,

I have a question about the way portable devices (mp3 players) synchronize with MediaMonkey.
Currently I have an iPod which synchs all changed ratings and playcounts (including last played time) to and FROM the device to MediaMonkey. As I find these two features (ratings and playcounts) very important, I want my next mp3 player to have those features as well. I know that iPods can do this, but I'm not sure about other devices.

Do all mp3 players that use Microsoft's Media Transfer Protocol (MTP have the capability to synchronize ratings and playcounts back and forth, or does it depend on the player ?

Can you synchronize ratings and playcounts with (only) an Universal Mass Storage (UMS) capable device ?

Thanks in advance for your help to find my next Mediamonkey-capable mp3 player (c;

charlieMOGUL
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

<bump>

Hi,

If there's anyone there that can answer my question I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance,

charlieMOGUL
Peke

Post by Peke »

I do not care about ratings sync. but as I remember MTP should work bidirectional. All my players are UMS ask Jiri he will know for sure.

I have changed topic to be more reasonable to your Question, hope you do not mind.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts