ExtractFields v0.1.4 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

steegy_

Post by steegy_ »

Hello

I'm on holiday and can't help you guys immediately. I can say that you stiil can use the SwitchOrCopyFields script (or any other script) where necessary, of course.
I haven't had much time to do scripting lately and this probably won't be much better in the near future.
Any scripter who want to improve the script can do this, under the sole condition that things happen in the current script thread. Just pm new code and I'll post it on the first post.
Just in case if it takes to long for me to do anything on the script. I'm sorry for that.

Cheers
Steegy

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Looks very powerful - I'm going to have fun playing! :)
tobbbie

Post by tobbbie »

Hi Steegy,

...very handy and powerful, but the faint-hearted will fail :o

If you dare to test with just ONE title selected, the script will do nothing.
If you select at least TWO it will work as promised.

thanks + bye
tobbbie
:-)
unnicorn

Post by unnicorn »

Could someone please tell me how to use this tool to make my Album Artist = Composer?

I want my album artist field to reflect the same contents present in composer field for most of my songs.

Thanks.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sure.
Set SourceField to "Author" (=composer) and Mask To Recognise to "<Album Artist>".

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Here's an "UNofficial alpha" next version that I made once: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... v0.1.2.vbs
It enables you to change direction of the tagging: it allows you to tag a mask into the sourcefield. (and works also when only one track is selected)
Last edited by Steegy on Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
unnicorn

Post by unnicorn »

Steegy wrote:Sure.
Set SourceField to "Author" (=composer) and Mask To Recognise to "<Album Artist>".

Cheers
Steegy
Cool thanks...thats perfect......was trying MusicComposer instead :oops:
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yeah, MusicComposer and Author are confusing. I don't know why they are called like that.
unnicorn

Post by unnicorn »

Steegy wrote:Yeah, MusicComposer and Author are confusing. I don't know why they are called like that.
hmm...ok....its giving me some problems though...I just found that the changes that take place are temporary :-? .....meaning after I change the folder and return back to it, the changes have gone! Its reverted back to the previous Album Artist instead of the Composer.

I have just attached some snapshots for your reference.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Also I would like to know how to set the default setting for ExtractFields. I wanted the Author and Album Artist by default.

Also is there a shortcut key to activate it? Its a little cumbersome to click on Tools -> Scripts everytime you want to change it.

Thanks in advance! Still new to MediaMonkey and scripts and enjoying it so far. Great work by the entire gang.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

1. The problem you mentioned seems to be a bug in MediaMonkey. I changed the code a bit to "circumvent" it.

2. You can now change the script's defaults in the script file (see first post):
for you it would be

Code: Select all

Const def_TagField = "Author" 
Const def_TagMask = "%R"
3. I've added a button to the standard toolbar, and have assigned a shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+X

The new version (v0.1.3) is now posted on the first page of this thread.

Cheers
Steegy
unnicorn

Post by unnicorn »

Thanks a lot!

Will check it out and let you know :)
unnicorn

Post by unnicorn »

Its working perfectly! Thumbs up

Just one thing....wondering if you could add shortcuts to close the ExtractFields window and to the Extract button. For eg if I press E the Extract button will be clicked and when I press C the Close button will be clicked.

Thanks
Age2003

Post by Age2003 »

Thanks ever so much for this great script! It was recommended to me because I wanted to add " (Live)" on the end of alot of specific track titles. Works a treat.

Thanks again! :)

Post by Guest »

I'd like to change this so that the default action is to strip everything before the first space in the title field (ie to remove track numbers).

I do see how to change user defaults, but I don't see anything to put <skip> in as the default. Can that be done?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Does <skip> <Title> work? If not, then it might not be possible and then you're better of with some other (or custom) script. This script uses MM functionality, and MM doesn't have a way to specify what 'space' character should be used for the mask (the 1st, 2nd, ... ?).

If it works, then you can set it as default like

Code: Select all

Const def_TagMask = "%X %S"