Shuffle triangle missing completely

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

dkstott

Shuffle triangle missing completely

Post by dkstott »

Build 2.0.0.1091

My problem exists on 2 devices. Both running Android 13.. Samsung S22 AND Samsung S6 tablet..

Shuffle triangle is not available at all.. it doesn't matter what i choose... my typical process is to select genre, then tracks and then hit the shuffle button.

If there's a new drop down menu or setting function to make it appear, I haven't found it..
dkstott

Re: Shuffle triangle missing completely

Post by dkstott »

It was available up until the recent update. It's not available at all now.

I can't believe that it's been eliminated. 😡😡

I can't even select shuffle tracks within an album

It's the #1 function that I use.

Please don't tell me that I can't shuffle tracks after selecting a genre anymore.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Actually on 1091 you have a floating shuffle button available at right bottom for both Albums and track selection in Genre.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

The only item I see is sort of a crossed arrows in a circle. After pressing it, I get a message that tracks have been added to the queue. I don't recall selecting any tracks.

If it's supposed to be for shuffle, there is no indication that it actually happens.

As of right now. It certainly seems like shuffling on demand is non existent for me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that's what that button does.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

What the reasoning behind eliminating the triangle shuffle button?

Where is the guidance for this new change?

I didn't see any announcement about eliminating the decades old shuffle button and replacing it with something that gives zero indication that it shuffled all the tracks?

I want the old process of selecting ALL tracks within a genre and being able to shuffle them AND having MMA acknowledge the shuffle selection.

Getting a message that "tracks were added to the queue " is of no help, when I never generated a freaking queue. Geesh.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

The "Shuffle All" action has been moved to the floating button only.
The behavior is the same as in previous versions, so all tracks related to the current view are shuffled and played.
Newly, the "Shuffle All" action is also supported in contextual mode (long click on an item and select at least two items to be shuffled).

But you're right that the icon in the floating button is incorrect. I fixed it for the next build. Thanks.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

After pressing the floating button. My preference is that MMA acknowledge shuffle engaged or something similar.

The message "Tracks added to the queue" is misleading/ confusing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It doesn't engage Shuffle, it adds files in random order to the Playing Queue. Shuffle itself can be engaged on the Player.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

Lowlander, you really ought to read the comments from your fellow experts and corroborate a definitive answer towards shuffling entire genre's.

Here's what Martin Bohac has to say about the new floating button;

"The "Shuffle All" action has been moved to the floating button only.
The behavior is the same as in previous versions, so all tracks related to the current view are shuffled and played.
Newly, the "Shuffle All" action is also supported in contextual mode (long click on an item and select at least two items to be shuffled)."

But you seem to think that it has a different effect ;
"It doesn't engage Shuffle, it adds files in random order to the Playing Queue. Shuffle itself can be engaged on the Player."

If you truly think shuffle itself can be engaged on the player, please show me how and where on build 1091
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, they're two separate ways to play files in Shuffled fashion. 1 as discussed here, you can add files in a random order to the Playing Queue. 2 you can enable Shuffle mode on the Player. Click on the Player and Playing should open. This will have a Shuffle button at the left bottom.

With 1 you get random play, but will know what will be played as you can play the Playing Queue in order (as the files have been randomized). With Shuffle on the Player it will randomly pick a file from the Playing Queue (ie. you don't know which file will play next, but it doesn't matter how files have been added to the Playing Queue).
gordol

Post by gordol »

As others have said, it's been moved to the floating "shuffle" button at the bottom.

My guess, as a user, is that this was done to conform to the design philosophy of Android; many applications have that floating button for a primary function. Forex, my mail client has it as a "new email", Google Calendar has it as an expanding "new event", Google Messages "New message", etc.

I'm not fond of that, but I accept the decision to conform to the current design standard.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Well I don't like that button too. I see no better reason for that.

There are so many things to do with graphics in MMA2 so it was a minor thing to me. It would be great when the user could decide where to put the button by click and hold and move where I want it.

Also another colour as the same orange would be great (maybe green or a colour table for self choice).
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
gordol

Post by gordol »

Kap1A wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:23 am Also another colour as the same orange would be great (maybe green or a colour table for self choice).
It's the accent color of your MMA Theme. (I am still waiting for an AMOLED Black with blue.)
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Yes I know. But with graphics, MMA is still at the beginning.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth