DLNA Experience

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: DLNA Experience

Post by Peke »

@Kos
Nah, that would took too much time and also mostly it would work on single NAS Manufacturer and Firmware :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kos

Post by Kos »

Peke wrote:@Kos
Nah, that would took too much time and also mostly it would work on single NAS Manufacturer and Firmware :(
I know - I just couldn't help myself :D.

Do you have any guess why I only see my playlists and not the rest of my MM collection (stored on a Qnap) when streaming with the MM server even though I have ticked everything in media sharing/options/content...? Also - the playlists I can unfold in the content page (and actually see it's 'been seen' by the server) but not the music folder. The music folder I can tick but not unfold indicating to me that it's not really 'been seen' by the server...?

EDIT: I re-ticked in the media sharing/options/content area - and now I see the music :D. Status: Philips SLA5520 works for me (a padlock indicates it's locked but it really isn't) - but Noxon iRadio and Teac Wap-4500 will not play with the MM server (it's 'seen' but locked). My Sonos desktop controller can see and access my MM music - but only one song a a time (can't play playlists and whole albums).

/Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
cccccc

Post by cccccc »

Peke wrote:For XP Users you should try http://ptf.com/download/windows_media_connect/012/
Web Of Trust does not like this website ... poor reputation ... ?

So to copme back to the thread. Although we have a UPNP server now in MM, and it can be UPNP controlled remotely, it's missing the control option inside MM itself to be able to say sendto an UPNP device direclty?

Is this correct?

Can we customize the sendto options to add UPNP commands (or even Http commands?) this might allow to script something to control the MM UPNP server part to server the UPNP client?

ps: I tried to dolwoad CIdero , but can't find it anywhere anymore ... ? ;(
tx
Kos

Post by Kos »

....how sad - the free Cidero application is gone from the internet :-? For a few bucks you can buy it via torrent now.

But: I you have an iPod Touch (or iPhone) you can however - with the Plugplayer app for instance - control and stream the your MM music to whatever renderer you like. Have just testet it - works perfectly. And with Plugplayer I can also stream MM music to my Noxon even though this is impossible using Noxon's own remote!

/Kos
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

For those who experienced some problems with devices like PS3, could you describe the problem and generate debug log?
We haven't tested all the devices, just xBox 360, Window's clients/servers and iPhone's clients/servers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How should one create a debug log? My Sony TV just doesn't see the MediaMonkey server at all.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The request for ablity to control UPnP/DLNA media renderers added as
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7090
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Lowlander wrote:How should one create a debug log? My Sony TV just doesn't see the MediaMonkey server at all.
Hmmm, could you please test also with XBMC or tVersity? They are also powered by Platinum (same as MediaMonkey).
opusdeath

Post by opusdeath »

Hi Ludek,

You say you've tested on 360?

I've got both a 360 and a PS3.

I tried initially on my PS3. It can be seen in the PS3 XMB but comes up with a DLNA 800 error message when selecting the server and all the folders appear empty

On reading your post I tried on my 360, again it can be seen but when selecting the server it says it's disconnected.

I suspect the same problem is causing both issues and wondered if it's likely to be a port issue? What would I need to do to test that it was? I suspect I need to open 49345 on my Windows machine?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

It shouldn't be port related. If it doesn't work also on xBox 360 then it could be a regression, I will re-test it next week.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, it was indeed a regression, will be fixed in the next build: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7106
Kos

Post by Kos »

When using iPod Touch (probably the same with iPhone) to control MM4 (=renderer) on the PC it works fine. I have tried it with two different UPnP apps: PlugPlayer and m-connect. However - track info on the pc is limited to a 6 digit number. Track info on iPod Touch is complete with cover, title, etc.

/Kos
Dybro

Post by Dybro »

Peke wrote:
cccccc wrote:Is it possible to just select a song in MM and sendto an UPNP renderer (like Roku).
I use this ability in Windows Media Player a lot...
tx
I was just thinking about that and how that would be Cool. Although I do not like WMP creating New player and how things are (not )controlled from WMP but I would really like that as it would Simplify things a lot.

Something like:
a)
1. Access MM using WEB interface
2. Create Now Playing List
3. Select all Rooms Where MM should Send That Playlist and press play.

b)
1. Use MM normally and play whatever you want
2. MM automatically send cloned streams to Selected Players if they are available.
Well, a) wouldn't work for me... But I really need something like b).

What I need is to browse through MM on my pc, and then the music to be played on my TV-speakers through my WDTV Live instead of playing in my laptops speakers. It could be something like a checkbox that would set "play to DLNA-device" on/off.

The main reason is that I recently moved away from my old folks, and into my own apartment. Before I used to play my music from my stationary PC, but as I moved I don't really have the space for it. And as the only thing I used it for was music(and a little Football Manager ;)) I figured that I as well could use my laptop for that. But I reallt don't want my notebook to need cables for speakers.
jomaweb

Post by jomaweb »

Hi Folks

Same issue here. DLNA server running and sharing my library but no success. In my Roku Soundbridge no media server is detected from MM4. I got other servers with Windows Media and FIrefly properly detected but no signal from MM.

This is one of my most wished feature for MM4.

Thankx

Mediamonkey is the one and only software that forces me to keep a windows machine
NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

For some reason my Windows Home Server showed up as two separate UPnP servers. That was probably because two different kinds of media sharing were enabled. Windows Media Center and Media Sharing. It's odd that MM4 would list the same server twice but I suppose both instances could be pointing at different sets of files so I think I get that. I disabled Windows Media Sharing and now MM4 only shows 'Windows Media Connect'. This is a bit strange as I think it's talking to the Firefly server that's running on the WHS box.

In any case, the music shares are also exported by the server and scanned by MM4 so the files now show up twice. Unless I can make MM4 maintain playlists on the UPnP servers I think I'll disable UPnP discovery as it doesn't add anything for me right now. I'm glad MM4 is moving in this direction though so I'll be keeping track of the offered functionality. I'd like to be able to stream data from my PC to my Sony BD player which will be a renderer. The Sony already plays files from the WHS but the navigation is primitive. For parties I'd rather use the PC to 'drive'.